Making a runnable app

Hi,

I managed to make a jnlp of one of the examples in the jme (testskybox). But when I try and make a jnlp of my own project (which includes jme) I get the config screen and then it just crashes out. It runs fine from eclipse, the main issue is I have zero output when I run the JNLP. Does anyone know how to get the output from a JNLP launched app?

Thanks

Do you have your Java console enabled? Seems like you should get something if you're getting as far as the config screen. Did you disable logging? Even just but some println statements in to signal how far it's getting.

I turned on the console but it disappears  as soon as the app crashes out. The .log didn't seem to give any clues…

Any way to keep the console up after the app crashes?

i know the output:

"no lwglw library in classpath"

fun ain't it? in eclipse it works because you have the "  -Djava.library.path="C:jME2jME2liblwjglnativewindows";"C:jME2PhysicsSourcetrunkimplodelib"  " on the project proprieties, but your JNPL(wathever his be, something like a .jar?) don't, i think.

That wasn't the error, sorry… I managed to track down the .trace file that the console outputs and it is giving me "BaseDir cannot be null" error when I am setting the path for the resource locator… Works fine in eclipse, why not as an executable… AAAAAGGGGHHH programming the PS3 was less hassle than this…  :?

:open_mouth:

how to make a executable that don't need a .bat or .sh to run?!?! seens you made one!

swuth said:

That wasn't the error, sorry.. I managed to track down the .trace file that the console outputs and it is giving me "BaseDir cannot be null" error when I am setting the path for the resource locator...... Works fine in eclipse, why not as an executable.... AAAAAGGGGHHH programming the PS3 was less hassle than this....  :?

I had the same problem.  ResourceLocator is sort of odd in how it interperets different types of specified directories, it appears.  Check out this thread and see if it helps:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=10585.0

Btw you can redirect the System.out and System.err, jsut look in the System class for the function doing that, kinda helpfull when useing webstart.