Material error

An error while loading material file in SDK

SDK 3.0 RC2

Yeah, you know that having any information would be fine?

(Like the log)

I can’t show log because the alert messages are displaying recursively. I can’t do anything in the SDK because these alerts locks gui. Only could take a screenshot.

Then use the log file. Location is in the about window or the troibleshooting section of the wiki.

Ok, here is the log. This error is occuring when loading material, and compiling the shader for material preview i guess. The problem wouldn’t be so nasty if the checkboxes dont appear infinitely locking interface and all windows. it starts on line 768, the shader is printed. And then from line 1076 starts the recursion of errors.

Some info from about window:

Product Version: jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0RC2
Java: 1.7.0_15; Java HotSpot™ Server VM 23.7-b01
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1250; pl_PL (jmonkeyplatform)

Workin on Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Try this:

Tools-> Options-> OpenGL-> Use Heavyweight Canvas. Restart Jmonkey then check what happens.

1 Like

First install the latest graphics driver. From the card manufacturer, not from windows update. Generally see the “troubleshooting” section of the manual / wiki.

I’ve installed the newest drivers, it didn’t solved anything. But enablin heavyweight canvas solved the infinite alerts poping up. The error with shader remains though.

Here is what I see:

This error is related to a material that isn’t used normally as material, but for some post processor stuff, I guess.

After this error occurs, material preview for other material files is not displayed at all.

And here is the log: log