Maya Ogre.XML exporter

Hi all!

I have never used Maya before and I don’t really intend to, I just need to figure out whether it’s possible to export Maya scenes to Ogre xml.

So I loaded the script in the script editor and managed to put it on a shelf (which is one of the tabs in the main window, right?). When I click on it, nothing seems to happen. Am I missing something? Does it do the export that quickly? Where is the output folder? The comments in the script say that it’s in ‘the default Maya scripts folder’. I checked the one in the installation folder and the ones in the Documents/maya folder. Didn’t find any .mesh.xml files anywhere.

In another attempt, I have also managed to export my Maya scene using the OgreMax scene exporter. This generated binary mesh files, no mesh.xml files, so jME wasn’t able to load it using assetManager.load. Is there a way to load binary Ogre mesh files in jME? Alternatively, is there a tool that converts binary to XML mesh files?

Thanks in advance for any info.

There’s a tool for going between binary and XML formats available directly from OGRE: http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/OgreXmlConverter

1 Like

…which is integrated in the SDK, you can convert binary models there as well as xml models.

2 Likes

Lovely jubbly! Thanks, guys :slight_smile: