Milkshape Loader/Viewer with full animation support

You loader has been successfully implemented into jme. Not much was required to get to working correctly. I just removed all the math references you had to make use of jme’s math classes and that was about it. I did alter the animation to allow for an update call with a value to allow for frame rate independance.

Great job on the loader and thank you.

"mojomonk" wrote:
You loader has been successfully implemented into jme. Not much was required to get to working correctly. I just removed all the math references you had to make use of jme's math classes and that was about it. I did alter the animation to allow for an update call with a value to allow for frame rate independance.

Great job on the loader and thank you.

glad i could help. i will definitely keep an eye on jme... it looks like it is going to a sweet engine! :D
glad i could help. i will definitely keep an eye on jme... it looks like it is going to a sweet engine!

Don't just keep an eye on it, join up and develop for it! :)
"mojomonk" wrote:
glad i could help. i will definitely keep an eye on jme... it looks like it is going to a sweet engine!

Don't just keep an eye on it, join up and develop for it! :)

well, currently i am working on some 2d game stuff using lwjgl and spgl. there's not much out there to do 2d with opengl in java... you know the plantation project? i used zparticle's map editor and data structures to create an opengl renderer for plantation maps. so that is where i am focusing most of my energy on... at least the energy i have left after working all day :)

we are playing around with strategy and rpg tile based worlds... we have talked about allowing that user to choose to "zoom" in on the world... it would be cool to use jme to take the player to a 3d view and allow them to check out the terrain first hand, see if the land looks like it would be a good place to set up a base, etc.

that said, if jme could display plantation maps as 3d, via your scenegraph or something, i would love to start using it and helping out on the project...

i havent looked too much into it yet because we are mainly trying to learn princec's spaghetti code right now... taking a bit of time :)

Understood understood. Like you said, perhaps there will came a time when the two shall meet. I’ll look into plantation and see what the possibilities there are.

I put in a framework for UI components in OpenGL. Then put them on the back burner. Cas released his speghetti code, so I took a look and got major heart burn. Lost the will to go back to the UI code for awhile, heh.

I’d love to see your current work if you have it up somewhere.

"mojomonk" wrote:
Understood understood. Like you said, perhaps there will came a time when the two shall meet. I'll look into plantation and see what the possibilities there are.

I put in a framework for UI components in OpenGL. Then put them on the back burner. Cas released his speghetti code, so I took a look and got major heart burn. Lost the will to go back to the UI code for awhile, heh.

I'd love to see your current work if you have it up somewhere.

after i figure out cas's code, i plan to write up a few tutorials to both pay him back and help out others so they dont have to go through the same pain as i went through (and am currently going through).

i will get a demo out of some of the stuff i have later on tonight to give you a better idea of what we are doing :). i'll let you know where it is at when i get it there... we dont have a website or anything fancy like that :)