MonkeyWorld and OS X

I wanted to try out MonkeyWorld v2 but there is no download available for OS X so I decided to give a shot from source.

I downloaded source and linux-version to get some of the .jar files. I also fetched SWT for OS X as well as the openGL binding for SWT (marked as an experimental

Since MonkeyWorld runs on java couldn't you just download the compiled program for windows and the librarys for lwjgl/SWT and replace the .bat file with the mac OS equivalent?

I tried that as a first option but it did not work out. Loading hung to the splash screen when it was loading jME.

Hi pepez,

First of all thanks for every minute you put in for making the it work in Mac, we were eagerly looking forward for this step.

The build.xml file is their with the first release of the code, but I think the second code release was done with an amount of rush, work and every thing

Hi Outrunner,

It's great to see that your still working on Monkey World 3D. I'm new jME and it's tools and it looks very promising.

Is a level loader going to be included with Monkey World 3D V3 ? This would greatly simplify the development proces.

Do you have any idea in witch timeframe Monkey World V3 is going to be released ? If it's going to take some time I think I'm going to write a simple level loader myself.

Keep up the good work !  It's really appriciated !  :slight_smile:

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi,

Maybe it would also be nice if Monkey World 3D is going to support Collada. I thought I have read somewhere that jME is going to support Collada.

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi Vortex, glad that you like MonkeyWorld3D, if you want a quick level loader just like the SimpleGame in Jme, you can take a look at this thread http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=2726.0

Just a FYI:

to access the RootNode of the level Runtime.getRuntime().getLevel().getRootNode()

to get a reference to the level, Runtime.getRuntime().getLevel()

to get a refernece to teh terrain page if its created Runtime.getRuntime().getLevel().getLevelTerrain(), if the terrain is not their, this will return null.

to get a reference to the node holding vegetation, Runtime.getRuntime().getLevel().getLevelVegeataion(). also this will return null if the terrain is not their.

to get a reference to the EntityNode, Runtime.getRuntime().getLevel().getEntityNode() << all the entities are childs for this node.

You can scan the source to see who we delt with creating entities in the scene, its via commands, for example, CreateComplexEntityCommand. The runtime class ( com.mw3d.util.Runtime ) is where most the stuff is done.

Do you have any idea in witch timeframe Monkey World V3 is going to be released ?

For now we can't promiss any time line, cause we are very bussy at our jobs, but every time we got extra we will try to add stuff and continue.

Maybe it would also be nice if Monkey World 3D is going to support Collada. I thought I have read somewhere that jME is going to support Collada.

If its going to make its way to Jme then we will not hisitate to support the most wanted from the community.

We hope that you will wait for it, cause it going to be a great release.

any new info for us maccies?