Monstoban

Hi all,

Please take a look at my first 3d/jME attempt: http://iris.px.pl/monstoban/monstoban.jnlp

(keep in mind that I’m pretty new in this whole polygon soup :slight_smile:

Character movement as ususal WSAD+QE, player task - push this wooden box around the ‘maze’.

I’m waiting for your comments…

regards

valar

Played great, 300+ FPS. Didn't seem to run into any glitches, pushed the box around for a bit. I think you need to speed up the animation speed of the monster so that he doesn't appear to be sliding on ice. :slight_smile:

Good job.

Looks awesome!  Did you make the creature model yourself?

darkfrog

models good,good fps.  Might add strafe animations, creature model was the first thing to grab my eye, looked good.

Thank you all for your comments, I do appreciate it !

Unfortunately I’m not an author of creature model :frowning: I only made few improvements

but original model was taken from this site http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/viewer.html

My plan is to create kind of Sokoban with 3D perspective - of course this is still an exercise

not a real game but, on the other hand, who knows…

What do You thing about collision and sliding ?

regards

valar

collision and sliding were good probly should add a pushing animation so people know there actually pushing the box i was pushing on a wall for like a minute and didn't know it.

Hey Valar,

I like your game so far. Looks very promising to me.

But one thing really attracts my interests: How did you convert the NWN .mdl to .md3?

I'd love to have the animated human model which is provided together with the NWN - Model Viewer in some jme friendly format, but just can't find a way to achieve that.

Well, my "3D modeling expertise" might have something to do with that. :wink:

[edit]

I just saw that the human model is not part of the viewer package. I wonder how I got that one into my NWNviewer directory. :expressionless:

[/edit]

Camael said:

Hey Valar,
I like your game so far. Looks very promising to me.
But one thing really attracts my interests: How did you convert the NWN .mdl to .md3?
I'd love to have the animated human model which is provided together with the NWN - Model Viewer in some jme friendly format, but just can't find a way to achieve that.
Well, my "3D modeling expertise" might have something to do with that. ;)

Conversion procedure was performed completely in 3ds max with two external plugins one for
importing NWN models and second for exporting Quake 3 (what a suprise:) )

If You don't have other way to do this conversion - drop me priv
message - I'll try to help... and hmm this animated human model sounds very promising ;)))

regards
valar

Camael,

I looked but didn't see one. :-p

darkfrog

You should have a private message in your inbox…