[MORPG-TPS] Codename: Yotta - UPDATE: cool assets, cool code

looking good, love the progress updates.

I am also planning to work on a Morpg, so would love some advice in the future.

anyway keep up the good work, hope to see more from you.

@yurikoma said: looking good, love the progress updates.

I am also planning to work on a Morpg, so would love some advice in the future.

anyway keep up the good work, hope to see more from you.

You can send me PM if you have question or if you want that I explain you how to start/how to take a “good way” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am actually thinking about put a survival aspect to the game, a kind of DayZ/WarZ/Rust, but more with monsters than zombies.
So it will be mix of survival, rpg and tps. What do you think about that ?

Just a message to say that the project is not dead, it is really close of an alpha, but I can’t find a 3D artist to help me :frowning: so I am stuck…

Hello,
The project will restart ! I just downloaded y last backup :slight_smile:
I have found a potential 3D graphist and a 2D graphist that will help me to do the game :smiley:

EDIT It seems that i have some problem with my GUI the new TonegodGUI does not fit with my old code, it is very buggy (text with high alpha, no update etc…) I have to recode it, but no problem, my code is well organized :slight_smile:

@toggy said: I generate a j3o model, because I do not want to risk of having different models on server and on client. I know I could sync datas to build trees between server and clients but it will take some precious bandwidth and could cause a lagg to create the world in the client side, so the client prediction could have error :( .

what about same Random seed on server and client ?

It is a good idea :slight_smile:

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
I have finally found a 3D artist and a 2D artist in order to help me for the game :smiley: here is a screenshot of new GUI:

And here is a video with the character “running”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vKp82dROko&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I have updated the first post and add some cools pictures of new assets (thanks to my 3D artist and my 2D artists :stuck_out_tongue: )
The prokect is going really well ! :slight_smile:
I have already tested it on a dedicated server (so with a real ping) and the network was OK, 0 lags :stuck_out_tongue:

Links you might be interested in case you don’t know:

Not the same gender I know but still might find a good ideas here and there.

P.S. checkout also the Mammoth Engine project. The thesis and articles on it give a lot of design considerations mostly on the resource management aspect (processing, and communication mostly).

Are you still developing this? i am curious on the current state of development