Moving character without chasing camera

Hi everybody,

i want to load an Oto model and make it walk through the scene.(walking and moving at the same time )

by using a method (moveTo(Vector3f b) )

where b is the destination location

when calling this method the model will start the walk animation and move at the same time

i saw the moving character example but in that example: the camera which was moving along with the model .

in my case i want a fix camera, and see the character moving.

Thank you.

So whats the problem?

i can’t figure out how to make a fix camera and control the model independently from the camera.

@daoudja said:

i want to load an Oto model and make it walk through the scene.(walking and moving at the same time )
by using a method (moveTo(Vector3f b) )
where b is the destination location

when calling this method the model will start the walk animation and move at the same time

i don't know how to implement this method.

Thank you

CameraNode for the fixed camera and seek pathfinding to make your character moveTo(somewhereLocation)…

There are a lot of examples…at the right side “Search hub.jmonkeyengine.org” is surely usefull.

You can start to learn with the MoveCommand.java and AutonomousCharacterControl.java class from the MonkeyZone project too for the moveTo method.

I’m trying to do this too. I’ve had a look at the MoveCommand.java and AutonomousCharacterControl.java classes from the MonkeyZone project. The thing is, there are a lot of dependencies on other classes in AutonomousCharacterControl.java and I don’t know if I need it all.

Can someone give me pointers at what to look for? Some tips about how to edit the TestWalkingChar.java example would be grand.

Thank you.