My First full JME Project: Dominoes

Really like the music :smile:

I changed the interstitial ads of the android version to use Adbuddiz, However, any use of interstitial can mess up the audio playback of streamed music to the point that up to three songs play at once when you only have one. It happens once a song ends right when the ad appears. I found a workaround for that.

The Desktop version of the game is now on itch.io for sale and Ubuntu Software center will follow soon. No Mac App Store nor Steam yet because I canā€™t pay the fee at this time V_V

One former coworker of mine suggested to port the game to an Android consolesā€¦ I have an ouya and a fire tv so I am testing them.

Ouya so far seems to be weaker than I expected to be but it allowed me to optimize it more for the android tablets and phones since it let me see a flaw that my galaxy s5 was not letting me see (yes the S5 can do more than the first gen ouya)

EDIT: migrating to 3.1 for android as we speak

Hi, I downloaded on android! The game works very nice! A few suggestions: When moving the camera with touch, it would be nice if it had some inertia after you scroll so the camera continues just a tad after you let go instead of stopping immediately when you pull your finger up. Also, on a 4.7 inch 1080p screen (HTC One m7) I think the pause menu should definitely be bigger. And maybe the background should fade out when the pause screen comes up, because right now its just overlayed on the screen. Look at how other android games display pause menus and such.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions :slight_smile:

About the menu background I was thinking the same thing, I will make that change at a later date.
As for the inertia, I will play around with it for a bit. Good idea.

Cool. Update me when you update the game to 3.1, I will test it on my device.

Yeah. Right now I have a list of To Doā€™s

1. Refactor the Domino game logic to a universal code library
  2. Create the Interfaces in the code library.
  3. Make a desktop, mobile, console project that will implements the interfaces, each project will contain assets (I canā€™t load dxt1 or dxt5 textures so I have to use png for Android and dds for desktop).

managing more than one project or the same codebase has been a pain and when I implement multiplayer it will be even more problematic. So I decided to do this now first

Ok, refactor is complete and Desktop and Android version share a core library in 3.1.

Now I am going to get all the other parts running to have the android version just like the 3.0 one (aka fighting exceptions during gameplay)

Edit: Done and working with ads on android. Now back to Ouya and Fire TV

JME 3.1 on Ouya has an issue.

if you select the option on the materials to use vertex lightning, everything in the scene is darkened, this does not happen on my android phone or with JME 3.0.

hereā€™s the ouya version in development. Fire TV will follow soon

Some changes had to be made on this version to make it run smoothly since with lighting materials has issues here: with vertex lightning everything is as dark as a cheap horror game, and without it the framerate is horrible.

6 Likes

Game is now on OUYA :smile: check it here

Fire TV will follow and the Android version recived an overhaul as well :stuck_out_tongue:

PSā€¦ I need to make trailers and a video capture deviceā€¦ V_V.

Testing some backgrounds for the desktop version.

I finally have the game in the MacAppStore!!! Coming out soon :slight_smile:

https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1060416236&mt=12

3 Likes