Natives.jar / windows_natives.jar

I'm trying to get a simple applet up and running.

I'm hitting a wall when it comes to windows_natives.jar.

Looking through postings this seems to be present in natives.jar.

Unfortunately, I can't find either jar.

Can anyone point me to the right place please.

Thanks

First, I would suggest to use WebStart instead of Applet, but if you absolutely must do your app in an applet, then take into account that you can create you natives.jar yourself or via the build.xml and ant. The only thing you need to do, is add all dll's in the lib directory to your JAR and sign it.

[me=Core-Dump]points to the right place  [/me]

–> Wiki:webstart

>First, I would suggest to use WebStart instead of Applet

As I understand it the differences are:

Applet runs in the browser window

Webstart has better performance and can utilize jinput

Anything I'm understanding incorrectly?

Since primary goal is to run in the browser window --> applet

>via the build.xml and ant.

Do I need to adjust the configuration or do something different than explained in the wiki?

Using ant to build does not produce natives.jar for me.

>add all dll's in the lib directory to your JAR and sign it.

That seems to have solved it(needed to be called windows_natives.jar ; natives.jar did not solve the problem).

New problem is now:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.jmex.awt.lwjgl.LWJGLCanvas

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.createCanvas(Unknown Source)

at com.jmex.awt.applet.SimpleJMEApplet.init(Unknown Source)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Time to start searching for solution to that.

Thks.

emanon said:

As I understand it the differences are:
  Applet runs in the browser window
  Webstart has better performance and can utilize jinput

Not quite... Applet is embedded in a browser window, and can coexist with typical HTML in the same page. Webstart, on the other hand, is an application launched, typically, from a link in a browser. It opens up a new window (if it is a windowed application like jME) and executes there.

Since Webstart is an actual Java application, it has all access to the resources you would have running that app manually from command line or an IDE. For instance, you would have more Heap memory available, access to the file system (which you could still get with a signed applet), increased performance (because the VM is not the browser's soap-box VM) and more (like offline launching and incremental downloading).

Your second error seems to be related to the Applet not being able to find some class... maybe you forgot or mistyped a resource somewhere.