Need a website for your project? Talk to me!

Hi. I’m a freelance Web Developer with quite a lot of experience but paradoxically a lacking portfolio.

The reason why I’m posting here is that I’m passionate about games and game dev. Feel free to ask whatever you like or just send me a message here.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Since your trolling for dollars on a open source website,

feel free to return the favor.

Most open source sites charge for advertisers. Surprisingly, jmonkey doesn’t as far as I know.

1 Like

You have a great chance to add something to your portfolio!
Show your skills on jmonkeyengine.org :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aren’t those things kind of mutually exclusive? Like, what did you get a lot of experience doing that can’t be shown?

1 Like

Well… there are many people working for big companies on internal products that are not available to the public. Nobody can see their work, but it doesn’t mean they don’t have a lot of experience. I bet the freelancing part is quite recent.
Unfortunately we can’t really afford paying a freelancer for the web site. Besides… we need more someone to maintain the discourse instance rather than a developer.
Anyway, cut the guy some slack, his message is quite respectful and not really begging for money. Open source is not the total opposite of making money and having a business guys.

4 Likes

Thanks mate!

1 Like

If anyone is interested in a free website, I’m up for that too.

3 Likes

@arakash

If your still available and want to help out on a Cryptocurrency project (Droxne coin) We are looking for some help designing our platform.
We pay with bountys. you get a wallet with the agreed amount of Droxne coins, then depending on the success of the Droxne eco system you are paid whatever rate the coins trade for. Could be 5.00 USD, could be 500,000.00 USD it all depends on how good the coin does!

The original Developer took off and there is just a few of us community members that stepped up! We have a lot of investors and we have a great business plan, just need help implementing to the Web, to get the ball rolling!
Feel free to visit myself or CoinCollector006 at the Droxne discord chat https://discord.gg/nD9STsD
Or email me directly at mr.x@droxne.net

1 Like

Guys I’m ok with advertising to some degree, but I’d like it to have at least a slight relation with jME.
If you want to do business together on something completely unrelated to JME, please keep the discussion out of the public forum.

2 Likes

@nephon My appologies!
I am actually hoping to find someone who programs with Java, but actually didnt discover jmonkey engine until today. Feel free to delete my posts, no hard feelings. :wink:

1 Like

Interesting how I was just last night reading this article:

1 Like

That is funny! They compare bitcoin mining to the practically nonexistent Moroccan power grid. My hot water tank likely uses more electricity than several cities… There is such a thing as POC (proof of capacity) coins which are mined and maintained by the hard drives of idle PCs. I wont mention any other new technology in this forum from this point on! I am here to learn about developing games with the monkey engine and will stick to those topics :wink: pleased to meet you BTW!