Need Game Ideas :Z

Hey Relic ty For replying ! Once you finish the darkmonkey tell me and I will be the first one to use it haha :slight_smile: @pspeed I almost finished the game but I am struggling in nifty gui ( the most thing I hate in the world is nifty-gui :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Then don’t use it.

agreed ^^, there are actually several GUI’s available for jMonkeyEngine. Paul’s favorite is Lemur, and my favorite is Tonegod’s GUI. Feel free to search n’ learn about “the others” and pick one that is your favorite to work with:
http://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/doku.php/jme3:contributions

Oh, @pspeed I don’t see Lemur up there on the list… did you make it to core? I noticed that @void256 updated Nifty on his core directory a few days back… So, Hiya Void!

There’s been talk but I’ve dragged my feet. I guess I never put it up on that list.

I think for someone familiar already with something like Swing, Lemur might be easier to pick up and start making basic GUIs. It lacks some fancier controls but it is simple to use.

Edit: in case it matters, the Lemur section of this forum is here: lemur - jMonkeyEngine Hub

1 Like

Do you have the source uploaded so I can study it?

For Lemur? Of course. It’s in the sticky in the forum section I already posted. The one called “Lemur Links”: Lemur links… (and more characters because forum requires it)

But that forum section also has other articles like the Lemur gems.

1 Like

No, I meant the Asteroid Panic game :smiley:

Yes, it’s around, too. I didn’t want to make it too easy for the OP to just cut and paste it. :slight_smile:

I’ll find it :smile:

It doesn’t take too much time to learn about 3d-modeling. I suggest you just spend a month researching how to use blender proficiently. It does pay off in the end. I might also suggest that you practice some regular/3d-emphasized drawings on your spare time.

To do this, you can look at everyday objects, and while you are looking at them, have a blank paper in front of you, and when you are drawing, don’t take your eyes off of the object, just try to draw an outline of the objects 3d-shape while looking at it. If you practice enough, you can draw all the shapes of a real-life object without looking at your piece of paper that much.

2 Likes

That’s actually a good Idea :smiley: I already have an Idea for a very good game so all I need is learning 3d models