NetBeans 6.7.1, jME 2.0.1 and LWJGL Question

Hello,

I'm trying to get jME to build under NetBeans 6.7.1 (latest version). I have a couple of questions, which I'd appreciate a more experienced member to answer:

A few things to note first:

Given that my project is likely to take a while to develop and I'd like to constantly use the latest version, I set up jME SVN access as per the guide for NetBeans 6.1, building a free-form project to house the jME content.

The SVN access doesn't include the LWJGL or JOGL files.

1. What LWJGL 2.1.0 files (jinput,lwjgl,lwjgl_test,…_util,…_util_applet,…-debug) should be used with the SVN content to get it to successfully build?

2. If I use the 6.7.1 documentation which includes the use of the static zip files on the Google Code server, how is the JavaDoc packaged:

The release for 2.0 refers to:

jME_2.0_Complete*.zip

jME_2.0_JavaDoc*.zip

jME_2.0_Distribution*.zip

The release for 2.0.1 includes:

jME2_0_1-Stable.zip

jME2_0_1-StableDistribution.zip

3.0) When I release and simply want to release the core jME distribution rather than the entire SVN code-base including tutorials etc, do I simply need to copy the class files and libraries I use into my main project from the SVN or is there a better way of doing it, would seem stupid to revert back to a release…

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I look forward to using jME and it's features. I'm impressed by the scale of the engine.   :slight_smile:

Hi There,

philipwhiuk said:

Hello,

I'm trying to get jME to build under NetBeans 6.7.1 (latest version). I have a couple of questions, which I'd appreciate a more experienced member to answer:

A few things to note first:

Given that my project is likely to take a while to develop and I'd like to constantly use the latest version, I set up jME SVN access as per the guide for NetBeans 6.1, building a free-form project to house the jME content.

Definitely a good way of going, that's where all the breaking edge stuff is ;)

The SVN access doesn't include the LWJGL or JOGL files.
1) What LWJGL 2.1.0 files (jinput,lwjgl,lwjgl_test,..._util,..._util_applet,...-debug) should be used with the SVN content to get it to successfully build?

Are you sure? check out the lib/ folder, should have everything you need.

2) If I use the 6.7.1 documentation which includes the use of the static zip files on the Google Code server, how is the JavaDoc packaged:

The release for 2.0 refers to:
jME_2.0_Complete*.zip
jME_2.0_JavaDoc*.zip
jME_2.0_Distribution*.zip

The release for 2.0.1 includes:
jME2_0_1-Stable.zip
jME2_0_1-StableDistribution.zip

This is currently in a bit of a state of flux due to trying to reduce download sizes, but the javadoc downloads will be back.  There are two answers for you though:  The latest stable release(currently 2.0.1) Javadoc is always available online, but you can also generate the javadoc according to the latest svn build.  You can do this by running build.xml (an ANT build file) from the project root and having it use the -doc parameter to build the javadocs.  The html content will end up in the data/doc folder...

3.0) When I release and simply want to release the core jME distribution rather than the entire SVN code-base including tutorials etc, do I simply need to copy the class files and libraries I use into my main project from the SVN or is there a better way of doing it, would seem stupid to revert back to a release...

You can head on back to the build.xml and select the options you'd like for which jar's to generate.  dist-all will create everything, while the options like "jme-audio" should be pretty self explanatory :p

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I look forward to using jME and it's features. I'm impressed by the scale of the engine.  :)

And now it's your turn to impress us with a fun game!

http://jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_netbeans_6.7_for_jme_2.0.1

Sorry I missed this thread. I updated the netbeans tutorial for 2.0.1 and added a tip how to build javadoc from the sources. I use the "static" sources that are in the jME2_0_1-Stable directory, but I assume it works the same for the svn checkout.