New Book - jMonkeyEngine 3.0 Game Development: A Practical Guide

Hi there,

The book publisher P8tech has just published jMonkeyEngine 3.0 Game Development: A Practical Guide.

We have a number of free review copies (print) and would love to hear from anyone who would like a copy.
Please email me at Adam@BennionKearny.com and I’ll get on the case.

Cheers.

Adam.

10 Likes

I would most definitely be interested in reviewing the book

Hi there,

Thank you to everyone who got in touch. Have been inundated.
Sadly, I am out of review copies now :frowning:

All the best,

Adam.

1 Like

Just ordered a copy expecting it tuesday

Heh, that’s great news. Kudos to all you stealthy reviewers out there.

What are the differences between this one and the beginner’s guide book?

It is a really nice book so far. I have it and the jMonkey 3.0 cookbook and am doing Ludum Dare :slight_smile:

@erlend_sh, a new book to add at the bottom of http://jmonkeyengine.org/ :wink:

2 Likes

No ebook?

We’re working on it :wink:

Hi there,

we have now made the PDF of jMonkeyEngine 3.0 Game Development available on our website.

Just click on the PDF button to purchase and download.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Sweet! Btw, your canned tweet still says “coming soon”. Also, please make it #jMonkeyEngine instead of just #jmonkey :wink:

Done :smile:

Cheers :slight_smile: I’ve put it in the twitter/facebook queue.

Thanks again for making this cool jME resource!

Does anyone know where to get the assets that this book uses, like spaceship.blend in chapter 5? I’ve downloaded the source code from www.P8tech.com/JME.zip, but, as far as I can see, that only contains source code.

I think you are asking about JME library assets…
If so, they are part of the JME test-data library.

• Right Click on Project → Properties → Libraries
  • In the Compile tab press “Add Library”
  • Choose jme3-test-data

No, I don’t think that’s it. For instance, on page 151 it says: “We will use the spaceship.blend Blender model found as part of this book’s download.” At the front of the book it says: “Download this book’s code package from www.P8tech.com/JME.zip”, but, as I say, that only contains Java code.

Thank you for raising this, James.
A revised ZIP has been uploaded to the P8 site and includes instructions for downloading the blender model. If there is anything else, please do not hesitate to post here. Cheers.

Got it. Thanks, Adam!

Hi, I’ve purchased the book and currently at Chapter 3, on the part at Adding Situational Sound, it says that I can get the laser sound from the website. I had downloaded the JME.zip file but it does not contain said audio file.