New build 20110420 posted…

Really just a bug fix release that fixes a few crashes people have noticed.

Release notes: http://www.mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=20110420_Release_Notes

Download: http://www.mythruna.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Engine_Test_Build

I know you have seen me try to login and experience your game on 2 different machines and Operating systems with no luck. I just thought you would be happy to know I finally got to try it out this morning on my work machine. Don’t know why it takes up 100% cpu on my home machine.

Work machine specs

quad core i7 2.93GHZ 8gig ram ATI HD 4550

fps on mythruna 50-60 without bumping down the range

Windows 7 Pro x64

Home machine specs

dualcore 2.4ghz 6gig of ram GEFORCE 6800 GS (i think, can confirm later)

fps on mythruna 0-7, takes up 100% processor usage even on gui option menu

Windows 7 Pro x64

Other home machine

2.2 ghz single core intel, 1.5gig of ram, geforce 4000 (series can remember exact model)

fps on mythruna 0-2, takes up 89-90% processor usage

Ubuntu 10.10

When you don’t enable vsync jME3 will run the framerate as high as possible, so you get 100% CPU

Lol geforce 4000 ^^ Its a surprise it even runs jME3, and on Ubuntu to boot. Are you sure its really 4000 and not 400 by any chance?

For all those systems, 100% CPU usage is acceptable since you don’t even reach 60 fps

Momoko_Fan said:
Lol geforce 4000 ^^ Its a surprise it even runs jME3, and on Ubuntu to boot. Are you sure its really 4000 and not 400 by any chance?

For all those systems, 100% CPU usage is acceptable since you don't even reach 60 fps

Could be a typo, not at home to double check. I got this PC from work, they were just giving away old computers.

hmm the first versions of mythruna worked like a charm on my notebook, the newer versions, including this one, start but crash at loading single or multiplayer, here is the errorlog:

EDIT text is too long i’ll upload it …

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1ayc8453ni5ck4

hope that is some use for you as I will not be the only one having this problem.

Sadly I cannot update my graphics driver as my notebook switches between 2 cards so it needs a special driver.

Thanks for the detailed info…

Ok… this is in the bloom shader which is part of JME. :stuck_out_tongue: I think I saw some recent fixes maybe related to this… I’ll double check that I’m running the latest for the next release.

If there hasn’t been recent fixes then one of the JME shader experts may have to take a look. :slight_smile:

Thanks a buch!

I would love to play it on my laptop. The funny thng is that it worked with the first releases you provided… and minecraft works like a charm, too. No idea if you use similar ways to bring the awesomness on screen :slight_smile:

Thanks again of taking a look and enjoy your day!

It’s all down to the bloom filter and Minecraft doesn’t use bloom.

I looked and didn’t see any obvious new changes in the bloom filter but before this next release, I plan to make sure my JME is up-to-date (takes me a while because I apply one patch at a time)… and I’ll look in more detail at that point.

…maybe one of the fine JME shader experts has some idea what might be wrong.

runs great on windows 7 apart from a bug, dig a horizontal tunnel, clear 3 blocks or so above your head, look down and start jumping and placing blocks at the same time, you’ll fly through the blocks above your head

dinosoep said:
runs great on windows 7 apart from a bug, dig a horizontal tunnel, clear 3 blocks or so above your head, look down and start jumping and placing blocks at the same time, you'll fly through the blocks above your head

Thats at the moment more of a feature than a bug ;) Can be very helpful when you get stuck.
1 Like

Yeah, I know I can fix the collision bugs… but we’ve kind of grown to rely on them until other things are working. It’s convenient to be able to get out of traps without disabling them for example.

1 Like

ok, that explains it XD

caesar said:
Thanks a buch!
I would love to play it on my laptop. The funny thng is that it worked with the first releases you provided... and minecraft works like a charm, too. No idea if you use similar ways to bring the awesomness on screen :)

Thanks again of taking a look and enjoy your day!

Just to confirm. Mythruna worked in some previous version and now no longer does on this machine? By "first releases", do you have an idea when it stopped working? We it when I added network (20110411)?

...that could give me some clues.

About that error of Caesar, would it be possible to make the game run in GLSL 1.0 mode instead of 1.5? I’m not an expert but if it is unable to compile a 15 frag I’d try and see if the older version mode does work.

The collision bugs got a bit funny for me today, never experienced it before but if you jump down from really high you fall a bit through the ground (no real prob, you can easily climb out).

Last but not least: All to the zombie fortress! If you enter the server at the first spawn location, go through the old tower in the bay, you should see it in the distance from there :stuck_out_tongue: (yeah I’m an addict…)

Yeah, but if it worked before and doesn’t work now… then it’s maybe not a GLSL version issue.

There was a big gap in time between the 0309 release and the 0411 release… but if that’s the difference then at least it gives me something to look at.

If I recall correctly, texture multisample is not a GLSL 1.5 feature. So any GPU that supports GLSL 1.5 but doesn’t support ARB_texture_multisample will crash.

pspeed said:
Yeah, but if it worked before and doesn't work now... then it's maybe not a GLSL version issue.

There was a big gap in time between the 0309 release and the 0411 release... but if that's the difference then at least it gives me something to look at.

90% sure that the 0309 version worked.
I was never able to get to your server with my laptop so no network release worked.
I'll redownload the 0309 (hopefully it will be still up) and doublecheck it when I'm back home.

It’s still up on the site… just click through to the “archived releases” or whatever. Should be the first one on that page.

indeed the 0309 is the last working version of mythruna on my laptop