Get it here:

Download Now | Mythruna

Release notes:

20120308 Release Notes | Mythruna

Highlights in this release:

3 Likes

nice!

Good stuff!

Yay!!! So many changes has been added since last time I played Mythruna, the roofs looks nice ^^.

nice :slight_smile:

Donโ€™t you plan to add SSAO?

No. SSAO is a big frame killer. But I will have smooth lighting some day. Probably post-alpha.

What is smooth lighting?

Actually since your world is somehow aligned on a grid, ao is very predictable. Just using vertex color could make a nice ao effect, and would be a lot faster than SSAO

EDIT : thatโ€™s probably what you mean by smooth lighting, right?

http://i.imgur.com/E89RX.jpg

That is absurdly sexy :)
@nehon said:
Actually since your world is somehow aligned on a grid, ao is very predictable. Just using vertex color could make a nice ao effect, and would be a lot faster than SSAO

EDIT : that's probably what you mean by smooth lighting, right?

Yeah, that's what minecraft does as far as I know. It smooths the lighting transitions while also providing AO.

...but since it's not "screen space" AO, I don't call it SSAO. :)
@sbook said:
That is absurdly sexy :)

Thanks. It's funny what a little bump mapping can do... and what a little architectural detail can add to a total scene. Seeing what a difference this made, I now added a few more roof types to my to do list.

The funny thing is that I added shingles almost a week ago in my local build. I hated them so much that I was surely going to rip them out or make them a more obvious "placeholder" texture. No matter what I did, they looked hand drawn with a pencil.

So the other night, I got it in my head to start over. This time instead of trying to get tricky, I created individual shingles as separate photoshop layers. Each shingle knit together like real shingles and then I duplicated the shingles at the left and bottom edge to tile the top and right edges. From there, creating a perfect height map, etc. was relatively easy.
1 Like

Oh, and for once the glitches in this form of parallax mapping help me out. Since at certain angles it looks like the shingles are roughly double up on the bottom edge, or like the wood was split and left a double layered edge. Since these types of shake shingles are laid in two layers and often really have such artifacts, I like it. :slight_smile:

@pspeed said:
Oh, and for once the glitches in this form of parallax mapping help me out. Since at certain angles it looks like the shingles are roughly double up on the bottom edge, or like the wood was split and left a double layered edge. Since these types of shake shingles are laid in two layers and often really have such artifacts, I like it. :)

"it's not a bug, it's a feature"
@thetoucher said:
"it's not a bug, it's a feature"

In this case, that's really true. Some time I will try to add a screen shot of the effect that I'm talking about.