New eclipse release available

Eclipse Callisto | The Eclipse Foundation  :wink:

I'd have to get used to using it myself first. :-p

darkfrog

So which IDE are you using normally, darkfrog?

Woo! and also intresting to jME, SWT 3.2 is now out too, which means LWJGL/OpenGL support.

This is so yesterdays news. :-p

It seems the profiling actually works in this release…amazing. :-p

darkfrog

LWJGL is officially supported  :smiley:

darkfrog said:

It seems the profiling actually works in this release.....amazing. :-p

now you can write a wiki article about profiling jme apps  :D

I use Eclipse.  I was just saying that I haven't taken the time to learn the profiling features of it yet.  I tried to play with it on one of the release candidates, but it was playing hard to get and kept breaking.  Now that it actually seems to work I'll have to find some time to mess around with it.

I used to be a jEdit crack-monkey (not a crack-jmonkey), but Eclipse has so many awesome features I just had to start using it.  I know there are some IDEA worshippers on here that will inevitably push their propaganda if we continue to talk about this though, so lets end this conversation before they take notice of this thread. :-p

darkfrog

darkfrog said:

I was just saying that I haven't taken the time to learn the profiling features of it yet.
I know there are some IDEA worshippers on here that will inevitably push their propaganda if we continue to talk about this though, so lets end this conversation before they take notice of this thread. :-p

gaining information with a profiler isn't hard. the hard thing is gaining the really interesting information and knowing what to do with it.

and... bah! this theard is about eclipse anyways. so you're welcome to rant about it and its new features as long as you want. maybe that way you  even point out some of them i have overseen (there are so many!)

They're coming!!!  To the trees!!!

:-o

darkfrog

can frogs climb on trees? how about llamas?  :wink:

Well, this frog can climb trees.  :stuck_out_tongue:

The majority of llama's cannot climb trees, and particularly ones as deformed as the picture in llama's profile. :stuck_out_tongue:

darkfrog

IDE…shmIDE…notepad and javac, baby!    :-o

I hear the next version of notepad will feature support for LWJGL.

digitalntburn said:

IDE...shmIDE...notepad and javac, baby!    :-o

I hear the next version of notepad will feature support for LWJGL.

yeah, that may be a sure thing about the next notepad version  :P ... but not about the next windows version :P

now that notepad becomes that powerful, does it run in wine?  8)

notepad???  Textpad all the way baby!  (well, unless you are on Mac and then it's BBEdit.)

EditPlus!

renanse said:

notepad???  Textpad all the way baby!  (well, unless you are on Mac and then it's BBEdit.)

Any app that binds F5 to "find"... *shakes head*  :D
mojomonk said:

renanse said:

Any app that binds F5 to "find"... *shakes head*  :D

F5 is for new searches.  ctrl-f repeats the last find, or if you highlight something you can use ctrl f to find the next occurance (or ctrl-shift-f to find the previous occurance)  :P

i actually use notepad++ and find it quite useful.