New Spam-Filter?

Is there a new spam-filter?

My last post in the Grappling Hook thread has been marked as spam.

Perhaps it would make sense to disable the filter for users with more than 50 posts or so?

Update: It also takes more than 20 seconds to submit a new post.

I'm working on improving this today as we speak.

I'm seeing some funky behavior with unread posts not showing up. I've have a long list of unread posts since yesterday, but nothing past what I've already read is showing up when I go to the topic. Did something change on the forums last night?

Oh, and I'm also seeing 20+ seconds to post

Edit:

Based on Jack's comments, I just realized that it looks like the missing posts might be marked as spam even though they still cause the thread to show up in the "Show unread posts since last visit" page.

Yes in response to recent spam increase we are experimenting with some new settings and modules. Please bear with us :wink:

sbook said:

Perhaps a user-based anti-spam-system would also work? Like on slashdot or Youtube?

You can already "Report To Moderator" which lands the post in our respective inboxes and troublesome posts are removed pretty quickly.  We're trying out something new in the next day or two that will hopefully result in less waiting.

I mean a system that works without a moderator, where users can mark a post as spam. And when a post has been marked as spam more than 5 times, it will be hidden.

EDIT:
Thanks for disabling the filter, till you have a one that is working better. :)

Sorry, for pointing this out again, but it still takes around 20 seconds to submit a post on my machine.

Perhaps a user-based anti-spam-system would also work? Like on slashdot or Youtube?

JackNeil said:

Sorry, for pointing this out again, but it still takes around 20 seconds to submit a post on my machine.

Yes, the same anti-spam configuration is still there.  We're awaiting word on a free non-profit license for our spam protection service rather than the free one, which does not take priority when being sent to their servers.

You can already "Report To Moderator" which lands the post in our respective inboxes and troublesome posts are removed pretty quickly.  We're trying out something new in the next day or two that will hopefully result in less waiting.
JackNeil said:

I mean a system that works without a moderator, where users can mark a post as spam. And when a post has been marked as spam more than 5 times, it will be hidden.

Ah ok, we can have a look into this..

JackNeil said:

Thanks for disabling the filter, till you have a one that is working better. :)

It may already be there ;)