New to JME, can't run demos

Hello! I'm pretty much the uber-n00b, I'm looking at JME for the first time to see if it might work for some projects I'm considering. I was excited to see demos available, but I can't get them to work.

After downloading the .jnlp files, I run them and it brings up the "select display settings" window. I select the lowest settings, uncheck "fullscreen", and select "LWJGL" in the last box. I hit OK, and it looks like it's loading a game- a black-filled window appears  and the game's name shows up in the top bar- but then the window disappears. It doesn't give me any error messages.

I'm running windows xp on a 32-bit machine. Would having more than one screen cause any problems? I didn't see anything in the wiki about getting demos to run, but there's probably some incredibly obvious thing I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!

jme 2 or 3 ?

may be you should update the driver of your graphics card + download the newest nightly build

I installed the stable build of jme2. But that shouldn’t matter if I just want to try the demos on the jME demo page, does it? If I’m making a game, I don’t want to put the players through the trouble of hand-installing the engine. I assumed the demos were packaged with everything they need to run on most machines.

I’ll try updating the graphics driver, though. Thanks!

faitHunter said:

I assumed the demos were packaged with everything they need to run on most machines.
I'll try updating the graphics driver, though. Thanks!

Most demos use a pretty old lwjgl version and jme1, so it might be they dont run anymore on some hardware.