Newbie questions jme3

Hi,

I have several questions about running jme3.

Let's begin with an error :slight_smile: After last svn update I'm struggling with strange error:

SEVERE LwjglAudioRenderer 11:19:14 Failed to load audio library

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:153)

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:104)

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:191)

at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initialize(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:53)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initAudio(Application.java:108)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initialize(Application.java:288)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:77)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:106)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alGetString(I)Ljava/lang/String;

at org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.alGetString(Native Method)

at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initialize(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:58)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initAudio(Application.java:108)

at com.jme3.app.Application.initialize(Application.java:288)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:77)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:106)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Before the update I'd had no problem with openAL and all sounds had been played correctly. What should I do ?

I wanted to test ogreloader compatibility, but how can I load .scene file ? I tried something like that:

@Override
    public void simpleInitApp() {
        Node scene = (Node)manager.loadContent("p1.scene");
        rootNode.attachChild(scene);
    }

public static void main(String[] args) {
        Loader l = new Loader();
        l.start();
    }

Obviously, there is no SceneLoader instance. I assumed manager recognizes extension and creates proper loader to load the content. Am I correct ?

What should be the directory structure for the files ? I don't know where to put .scene .material .meshxml files. I tried to put all of them to build directory (where the jar is created) with no luck ;/

Thanks in advance

jME3 is a WIP and before we put out an alpha you will have to expect odd things after each svn update :smiley:

The audio thing is because audio support has just been put into the application recently, best to do is wait and update svn :wink:

About the loading thing… If you want to have examples for something you should look into the jme3test package. There is an example on how to load a scene, material import for scenes is currently broken however.

Please understand that we can not give "normal" support for jme3 yet and that we have to tell you that if you dont get it to work then it will not work for you atm. Input on discovered bugs etc. is of course very welcome although we might be aware of most of them already.

Cheers,

Normen

Seems like OpenAL32/64 library cannot be loaded by LWJGL. What OS are you using?

For me the audio application works fine.

Then maybe its the (new) required import of libs/openal/jME3-natives-joal.jar that is missing in the classpath…

Okay I found the issue. It doesn't extract OpenAL native library because of a small mistake in the app settings. I fixed the issue in my local copy

I'm using windows 7 64bit. I can also test it on Vista.

Can any body put mi in right direction where to put files ? I can't figure it out what's going in DesktopAssetManager.

krotki said:

I'm using windows 7 64bit. I can also test it on Vista.

Can any body put mi in right direction where to put files ? I can't figure it out what's going in DesktopAssetManager.

What files are you talking about? The OpenAL library has been already fixed in the latest SVN.
What files are you talking about? The OpenAL library has been already fixed in the latest SVN.

Never mind I figured it out :evil:

Thanks for a quick fix and great job guys  :D