[Nifty] Behavior of height=”*” -- Solved

Hello,

I’m having issue with the height="" inside xml part.

[java]

<panel height=“100%” width=“100%” align=“center” valign=“center” childLayout=“vertical” visibleToMouse=“true”>

<panel heigth=“20px” />

<panel height="
" width=“100%” align=“center” valign=“center” childLayout=“horizontal” visibleToMouse=“true”>

<panel width=“20px” />

<image id=“imgPortrait” height=“100%” width="" filename=“defaultPortrait.png” imageMode=“normal” >

<effect><onCustom name=“fade” start="#00" end="#ff" neverStopRendering=“true” /></effect>

</image>

<panel width=“20px” />

</panel>

<panel heigth=“20px” />

</panel>

[/java]

I thought this part of xml should set my image in the middle of my panel with a nargin of 20 px on the top, right, bottom and left borders.

But it doesn’t do that :frowning:

My image has a correct width but not a correct height ( third of the parent panel )

I don’t know if it’s the cause but I’m using it inside a control definition :

[java]

<controlDefinition name=“portrait” controller=“com.didigame.acariaempire.gui.controls.PortraitControl” >

<panel height=“100%” width=“100%” childLayout=“overlay” visibleToMouse=“true”>

<panel id=“frameBg” height=“100%” width=“100%” align=“center” valign=“center” childLayout=“center” visibleToMouse=“true”>

<image height=“100%” width=“100%” filename=“buttonPanelBG_1Col.png” imageMode=“resize:20,100,20,20,20,100,20,166,20,100,20,20” />

</panel>

<panel height=“100%” width=“100%” align=“center” valign=“center” childLayout=“vertical” visibleToMouse=“true”>

<panel heigth=“20px” />

<panel height="
" width=“100%” align=“center” valign=“center” childLayout=“horizontal” visibleToMouse=“true”>

<panel width=“20px” />

<image id=“imgPortrait” height=“100%” width="*" filename=“defaultPortrait.png” imageMode=“normal” >

<effect><onCustom name=“fade” start="#00" end="#ff" neverStopRendering=“true” /></effect>

</image>

<panel width=“20px” />

</panel>

<panel heigth=“20px” />

</panel>

<panel id=“frameFg” height=“100%” width=“100%” align=“center” valign=“center” childLayout=“center” visibleToMouse=“true”>

<control type=“button” style=“buttons1Column” height=“100%” width=“100%” >

<interact onClick=“interceptClick()” />

</control>

</panel>

</panel>

</controlDefinition>

[/java]

Another way to solve my problem would be to define a center childLayout but I don’t know how to set height to “100% - 40px” XD

If someone can explain me what I’m doing wrong…

Thanks in advance !

HAH! Nice One! :smiley: typing error: “heigth” instead of “height” :slight_smile:

Just tried it and it works as you’d expect … and I was about to make up an excuse whew :wink:

The XSD validation can’t detect this as an error because Nifty elements are allowed to use arbitrary attributes.

Another solution would be to use a padding attribute btw. I think this was already available in Nifty 1.2: padding=“20px”. This works like HTML/CSS and you could have multiple (up to 4) values: padding=“20px,10px,50px,10px”.

Aaargg!!!

Silly me!

Well, on second thought, I’m glad the problem comes from my stupidity!

Thanks for seing my error :slight_smile: