Nifty Editor - Devlog #1

Hi guys this is a dev-blog , i’m bit in late so it’s not “official” :slight_smile: . In these day I applied what I learned in past month about netbeans module development . I started to port a basic nifty-editor to JME and basically I succeed ! Nothing special thought . Here it is a screen shot about the prototype : image

resizing and move elements work out of the box , there are a couple of exceptions but they are some nifty-editor related bugs ( I must make D&D more solid ) . So what I’m going to do in the next days is solve those bugs and thinking a way to change the current controller in differents gui Actions :slight_smile: .

This is quite short as a dev-blog but about the future would be ok ? @erlend_sh :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, this is just what we’re looking for, nice initiative!

The one thing I’d do different is to start a new thread for every new devlog, and keep a consistent naming scheme, so I split your post out on its own and did just that :wink:

Hi, @recluri

I will have some free time for the next week. At this point i will try to keep up and corporate my own Editor dev progress with your in github repository :slight_smile: I will try to contribute the parts that not depend in my Atom fw but only JME3 SDK (the ProjectAssets etc…)

Let’s see what we can make out of it.

1 Like

Hey guys…

I had a question/suggestion for the editor:

Will it be possible to convert a layout to code as apposed to xml? Personally, I would have found this very useful and thought I’d at least ask/mention the idea.

@atomix said: Hi, @recluri

I will have some free time for the next week. At this point i will try to keep up and corporate my own Editor dev progress with your in github repository :slight_smile: I will try to contribute the parts that not depend in my Atom fw but only JME3 SDK (the ProjectAssets etc…)

Let’s see what we can make out of it.

Thanks atomix! as far as the soc’s rules permit , I’m glad to accept your PR . As I said I will work on my forked jmoneyengine repo here is the link . I’ve not commit my prototype yet thought .

@t0neg0d said: Hey guys...

I had a question/suggestion for the editor:

Will it be possible to convert a layout to code as apposed to xml? Personally, I would have found this very useful and thought I’d at least ask/mention the idea.

Yes , i thought about that , but thanks to submit your interest in this feature! I read that some users prefer to use java builders against xml layout so this could be useful for them . The implementation would be a little challenging but I could get away with it . I think this could be possible added in the enchantment process :slight_smile: , the model has a first implementation of visitors pattern and each class contains a reference to corresponding builder , so i could build the code by simple iterate trough the elements . :slight_smile: Let’s see if I have time to achieve that