Node overhead question:

Hi there, I am working on my game but I have by design made pretty much every in game object extend Node, so that I can easily create objects with subobjects and subfunctions… Are you with me on this?  Anyhow, I was wondering if this is a stupid mistake because of overhead involved within the Node class…?  I mean I need a custom terrain class that extends node to have sub-objects that sit on top of it, and I wanted to make it this way so that when certain things are clicked on different responses are created…  Ok just a design question I guess let me know what you guys think… Any suggestions would be beneficial…

-Nate

Well, every jME object in the scene has some overhead, including Node, the biggest problem being memory. We're working on reducing this overhead by quite a bit though, and right now there are other thing that use up a lot more memory. So I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you…

The thing is, I actually need to use things as nodes but they don't have any geometry themselves, they only have children… I guess I'm just wondering if you guys were planning on implementing something like an abstract Node class that can do everything a node can do but doesn't have any geometry itself?  I don't really mind doing things the way they are done right now it just kind of bugs me that I am wasting any memory at all… Ok thanks

-Nate

Nodes don't have geometry…

Nevermind, what I meant was that I am not using anything that Spatial needs but it doesn't really matter thanks anyways.

-Nate