Normen navmesh?

hello

(i guess this one is for normen)

i was busy porting the game programing gems 1 navmesh code,
but as i was strugling to make it work (c++ -> java is a bloody pain in the ass)

i nothiced this code from normen 667 : https://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyplatform-contributions/source/browse/trunk/jme3-artificial-intelligence/AI/src/?r=674#src%2Fcom%2Fjme3%2Fai%2Fnavmesh

i was wondering if this code was ported(finished) and working ?

is there some test case somewhere ?

thx

It’s a plugin that you can download and use in the SDK.

<cite>@nehon said:</cite> It's a plugin that you can download and use in the SDK.

you mean the navmesh generator ?

i dont get it, correct me if i am wrong, but…

i already used the navmesh stuff from monkey zone wich uses recast or its java (jni) equivalent if i remember well

but from the source of normen code i see it is a port from gem programming ai chapter 06

wich seems to be simpler and also what i was planing to do, but already done

Nope I’m talking the “JME3 AI Library” plugin

https://github.com/jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine-contributions/tree/master/jme3-artificial-intelligence

<cite>@nehon said:</cite> Nope I'm talking the "JME3 AI Library" plugin

hmmm, cant find it in the ide (plugins window)

btw is norman on holiday ?

<cite>@Sploreg said:</cite> https://github.com/jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine-contributions/tree/master/jme3-artificial-intelligence

thx, but i cant download it on the page, i am not familiar to github site
how do i proceed ? do i have to sign up ?

Is there not even the last nightly and contrib build that worked on the old update server @sbook?

@curtisnewton: Normally it should be in the plugin list as nehon indicated. But the release of jME 3.0 isn’t that far, I guess the delay is now mainly due to me being busy all the time privately, sry :smiley:

<cite>@normen said:</cite> Is there not even the last nightly and contrib build that worked on the old update server @sbook?

@curtisnewton: Normally it should be in the plugin list as nehon indicated. But the release of jME 3.0 isn’t that far, I guess the delay is now mainly due to me being busy all the time privately, sry :smiley:

uber coooooool :slight_smile:

(even when nightly checked, the ai library dont show up)

@curtisnewton said: thx, but i cant download it on the page, i am not familiar to github site how do i proceed ? do i have to sign up ?

GitHub is just a place for hosting git repositories. The concept is similar to that of Subversion and other version control systems. If you look on the right side of the jmonkeyengine-contributions project page, there are instructions on how to clone the repository as well as a link for downloading a zip snapshot.

@normen said: Is there not even the last nightly and contrib build that worked on the old update server @sbook?

Yup, it built a few days ago… I’ve put it on dropbox: Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

I use the NavMesh in my game, but during the tests I noticed a few strange behaviours. I didn’t take the time to go into them yet.

But for exemple, sometimes it takes a longer path. And you can’t set a minimum width for your entity. You have to do this with the MeshPath which can become a problem if you have entities of different widths.

There’s also a property to make the turns from a distance from the corners, but it doesn’t check if it goes outbounds or anything.

Besides these little limitations, it works. :slight_smile:

Is the GIT version different from the SVN one ?

<cite>@sbook said:</cite> GitHub is just a place for hosting git</git> repositories. The concept is similar to that of Subversion and other version control systems. If you look on the right side of the jmonkeyengine-contributions project page, there are instructions on how to clone the repository as well as a link for downloading a zip snapshot.

Yup, it built a few days ago… I’ve put it on dropbox: Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

thx

<cite>@sbook said:</cite> GitHub is just a place for hosting git</git> repositories. The concept is similar to that of Subversion and other version control systems. If you look on the right side of the jmonkeyengine-contributions project page, there are instructions on how to clone the repository as well as a link for downloading a zip snapshot.

yep, i already cloned git stuffs, but on the page there is no link to the repository, nor the usual .ZIP button

anyway i got the jar, but is there come testcase, how to use it ? perhaps monkeyzone ? donno if it uses the same lib

i can already use my own code wich is compatible :stuck_out_tongue:

[java]
NavMesh navMesh= new NavMesh();
navMesh.addCell(new Vector3f(1,0,1),
new Vector3f(1,0,0),
new Vector3f(0,0,0));
navMesh.addCell(new Vector3f(0,0,1),
new Vector3f(1,0,1),
new Vector3f(0,0,0));
navMesh.linkCells();
[/java]

but how do i proceed to indicate the start/end point
and build a navigation path, …

ok here is the (easy) code for those who want to get a hand on this

[java]
NavMesh navMesh= new NavMesh();
navMesh.addCell(new Vector3f(1,0,1),
new Vector3f(1,0,0),
new Vector3f(0,0,0));
navMesh.addCell(new Vector3f(0,0,1),
new Vector3f(1,0,1),
new Vector3f(0,0,0));
navMesh.linkCells();
NavMeshPathfinder navMeshPathFinder = new NavMeshPathfinder(navMesh);
navMeshPathFinder.setPosition(new Vector3f(0.1f, 0.0f, 0.05f));
DebugInfo debugInfos = new DebugInfo();
if(navMeshPathFinder.computePath(new Vector3f(0.85f, 0.0f, 0.9f),debugInfos))
{
Path path = navMeshPathFinder.getPath();
if(path.getWaypoints().size()>0)
{
Iterator<Waypoint> it = path.getWaypoints().iterator();
while(it.hasNext())
{
Waypoint wp=it.next();

}
}
}
[/java]

@sbook said: GitHub is just a place for hosting git repositories. The concept is similar to that of Subversion and other version control systems. If you look on the right side of the jmonkeyengine-contributions project page, there are instructions on how to clone the repository as well as a link for downloading a zip snapshot.

I meant at the old location on the jmonkeyengine.com server.

@normen said: I meant at the old location on the jmonkeyengine.com server.

Yes, it was in Jenkins but the artifacts of the projects aren’t publicly viewable or else I would’ve just put up a link to build.jmonkeyengine.org

@sbook said: Yes, it was in Jenkins but the artifacts of the projects aren't publicly viewable or else I would've just put up a link to build.jmonkeyengine.org

No, I mean in the original location, where the current SDK looks for them. jmonkeyengine.com/updates/

<cite>@normen said:</cite> I meant at the old location on the jmonkeyengine.com server.

hello normen, can you have look a this : http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/ai-navmesh-random-distribution/
when you got some time
i created a new thread cos it is another question about that very code

thx

@curtisnewton said: hello normen, can you have look a this : http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/ai-navmesh-random-distribution/ when you got some time i created a new thread cos it is another question about that very code

thx

Saw that, thx