(November 2020) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Getting better at texturing… little by little.

Tree Stump

6 Likes

I put together a min-trailer for my game. I made this trailer consist of many short clips so that I could keep it short and action-packed, while focusing on showing the best lighting angles possible. No music yet unfortunately.

I also had a graphic designer redo my game’s HUD recently, and I finally implemented the advanced version of my PBR terrain shader into my game since I’ve confirmed it works properly in the editor.

15 Likes

this looks really nice :slight_smile:

about music/sounds you can try find something on Sonnis

2 Likes

Looking nice, though something about your walking animation falls into uncanny valley. Not sure what, but maybe the animation speed isn’t synced with the movement speed?

2 Likes

@oxplay2 @grizeldi

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

And yes I think you’re right that the animation speed isn’t synced. I recently added a sprint mechanic, and I must have forgotten to fine-tune the animation speed while sprinting / walking.

I’ve also been procrastinating doing much with my current animations since I’m still using the old system on 3.2, and I’m planning on switching everything to the new anim system when I upgrade to 3.3 soon. Then I’m hoping I can improve and replace some of the main character’s animations as well since some of them are a bit too robotic.

2 Likes

Rewind Time!

hi guys, i made this demo for fun. I was inspired by @Brackeys youtube channel.
I translated the code from Unity to JME and used blender’s cell-fracture tool for the cube model. The physics gravity is managed by the BulletAppState. I will publish the source code as soon as possible. Out of curiosity let me know if you like it :grin:

JMonkeyEngine:

Unity:

12 Likes

Hi all :-),

i have created a GamePadView in android from CardView , ImageView (subclasses of view class , the android widget) Android Native Classes , so its about a parent layout called GamePadView holding the following:

1-> GameStickView , the stick moving the character/vehicle , its mainly optimized to be used in VehicleControls using conversion of (x,y) to pulse method , so you can feed this pulse into vehicleControl.accelerate() , steer() with applying tolerance for motion of the stick through abstract methods that acts as listeners towards the OnTouchEvent that’s an overridable event for subclasses of View class .

2-> ImageView that acts as the buttons A,B,X,Y with thier listeners(OnCLick,OnLongClick are supported)

then , this layout(GamePadView) is totally attached as a contentView on the JmeHarness Activity .

Features of the GamePadView right Now are :

• Compatibility with JmeHarness Activity.
  • No need to use extra XML layout files.
  • Supports user’s own drawable XML files(backgroundDrawable) for GamePadView - GameStickView - GameStick -GamePadButtons , that will change the button shapes & colors.
  • Fully compatible with VehicleControl through converting the x & y of the GameStick to pulseX,pulseY.
  • Supports motion path pattern drawer.
  • Supports main GamePad Buttons A,B,X,Y on-demand (if you donot like to add one of them , its ok).
  • Different Built-in sizing configurations responsive to user screen(DisplayMetrics & defaultDisplayMetrics()).

Features that i am going to add :

• built in drawable styles for different Games ideas(like Crystal Buttons , Material Buttons)
  • Fixing Some bugs concerning focus of the GamePadView
  • publishing the library as a gradle dependency

there are still many ideas yet to implement like extra buttons for game pause/resume or buttons to dismiss & reOpen GamePad ondemand
& may be some layout styles of how the buttons are actually arranged…

I am thinking of trying something like that with jme advanced vehicles in android context

Image (w/ transparent drawable rectangle shape) w/ different Built-in config gamePad sizes:
QUARTER_SCREEN:

HALF_SCREEN:

Video :
ONE_THIRD_SCREEN:

Example of Responsive Layout on a Large Screen:

Using different drawable for gamePadView:

Example Code , use in simpleInitApp() normally:-

/*run the gamePad Attachments & listeners from the android activity UI thread */
        JmeHarness.jmeHarness.runOnUiThread(new Runnable() {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                /* create an instance of a class extending gameStickView to easily handle the listeners */
                GameStick gameStick = new GameStick(JmeHarness.jmeHarness,JmeGame.this);
                /* set the vehicle Control */
                gameStick.setVehicleControl(vehicle);
                /* create a gamePadView instance of cardView/FrameLayout to display gamePad Component */
                GamePadView gamePadView=new GamePadView( JmeHarness.jmeHarness,gameStick);
                /* Initialize GamePad Parts*/
                gamePadView.initializeGamePad(R.drawable.gamepad_domain,GamePadView.QUARTER_SCREEN)
                         .initializeGameStickHolder(R.drawable.moving_stick_domain)
                         .initializeGameStick(R.drawable.moving_stick,R.drawable.ic_baseline_gamepad_24,200);
                /*initialize the gameStick track */
                gamePadView.setMotionPathColor(Color.BLACK);
                gamePadView.setMotionPathStrokeWidth(10);
                gamePadView.setStickPathEnabled(true);
                /* initialize pad buttons & listeners A,B,X,Y */
                gamePadView.addControlButton("BUTTON A",GamePadView.GAMEPAD_BUTTON_A , R.drawable.moving_stick, R.drawable.ic_baseline_gamepad_24,new View.OnClickListener() {
                    @Override
                    public void onClick(View view) {
                        vehicle.accelerate(accelerationForce);
                    }
                },null);
                gamePadView.addControlButton("BUTTON B",GamePadView.GAMEPAD_BUTTON_B , R.drawable.moving_stick, R.drawable.ic_baseline_gamepad_24,new View.OnClickListener() {
                    @Override
                        vehicle.brake(brakeForce);
                    }
                },null);
                gamePadView.addControlButton("BUTTON X",GamePadView.GAMEPAD_BUTTON_X , R.drawable.moving_stick, R.drawable.ic_baseline_gamepad_24,new View.OnClickListener() {
                    @Override
                    }
                },null);
                gamePadView.addControlButton("BUTTON Y",GamePadView.GAMEPAD_BUTTON_Y , R.drawable.moving_stick, R.drawable.ic_baseline_gamepad_24,new View.OnClickListener() {
                    @Override
                    }
                },null);

}
        });

& another class for gameStick listeners that extends GameStickView :

package com.mygame;

import android.annotation.SuppressLint;
import android.content.Context;

import com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication;
import com.jme3.bullet.control.VehicleControl;
import com.jme3.math.FastMath;

@SuppressLint("ViewConstructor")
public class GameStick extends GameStickView {

private VehicleControl vehicleControl;
    private final SimpleApplication jmeContext;
    private final float accelerationForce = FastMath.pow(5, 3.5f);
    private final float brakeForce = 300f;
    private float steeringValue = 0;
    private float accelerationValue = 0;

public GameStick(JmeHarness appCompatActivity,SimpleApplication jmeContext) {
        super( appCompatActivity);
        this.jmeContext=jmeContext;
    }

public void setVehicleControl(VehicleControl vehicleControl) {
        this.vehicleControl = vehicleControl;
    }

@Override
    public void accelerate(final float pulse) {
        jmeContext.enqueue(new Runnable() {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                accelerationValue+=pulse;
                accelerationValue+=accelerationForce;
                vehicleControl.accelerate(accelerationValue);

}
        });

}

@Override
    public void reverseTwitch(float pulse) {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                vehicleControl.accelerate(-accelerationForce*2);
                vehicleControl.brake(brakeForce);
            }
        });

}

@Override
    public void steerRT(final float pulse) {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                vehicleControl.steer(-pulse/8);

}
        });

}

@Override
    public void steerLT(final float pulse) {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                vehicleControl.steer(pulse/8);

}
        });

}

@Override
    public void neutralizeState(float pulseX, float pulseY) {
            @Override
            public void run() {
                accelerationValue=0;
                vehicleControl.accelerate(0);
                vehicleControl.clearForces();
                vehicleControl.steer(0);
                vehicleControl.brake(200f);

}
        });

}

}

i will show you more about CustomViews in android with jme soon…

as you know there’s still a great work to do , thanks for paying attention , also ideas are very welcomed :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@capdevon i am interested , i would like to know more about this one , if you can make a video to discuss it , this would be truly appreciated :smiley:, I have created a basic explosion Simulation before, using Linear Function y=mx+c with changing m for each x set , & applying that as gravity for geoms that have effects bouncing out from a same origin point , but that wasnot real explosion nor object fragmentation :joy: :joy:

sorry about the disrupting noise , vokoScreen isnot good at recording sounds

1 Like

@capdevon

thats a cool thing :slight_smile: thanks for contributing. (when you will be sharing, it would be worth put it into new JME Store)

1 Like

I like the community and this engine still gives me many hours of fun. I have followed the evolution of the software since version jme3.1.0, and since then the flame of creativity still burns. I feel compelled to give something back to thank all those who have contributed and still contribute today to improve this wonderful engine with their ideas. For this reason I share all the codes and try to create discussions with interesting examples to involve both young and experienced programmers. We all have something to learn from each other.

5 Likes

Full level texturing attempt.

9 Likes

Evoke nostalgia :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

I hadn’t heard of half these games before. Many are not listed at jmonkeyengine/README.md at master · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub

Who created the video?

i think its just GameForest youtube group, so noone from internal community.

The guy from GameForest
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdrCQ3JltxWmXrNHcC4Fugg

All those games are listed on Indie DB I think

Edit: oxplay2 Ninjad me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i wonder then why i didnt seen Afflicted Forests / Maker’s Tale and other better looking games in video, while it is in Indie DB.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure why!

GO PLAY!
Play Leap

My most complex animation to date.

Run animation

Fully textured level running in-game.

Follow me on twitter. :slight_smile:
twitter.com/pixelapp

2 Likes

I added an adaptation of @polinc’s BetterLensFlare code to my game. Modified it to produce lens flares for multiple stars in one scene.

11 Likes

Finally , i have started to learn car modelling , after fighting for too long today , i made that LADA NITRO CAR :joy: :joy:

& you can find the JmEGamePad on git , there’s still a template design work :slight_smile:

I hope i can add SpeedoMeter & (Gravity + GyroScope) Sensor support :slight_smile:

6 Likes