(November) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

I guess I’ll post this if we are going to do this for every month :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to my rigging nightmare… Sure it’s from Blender but its part of a JME project and figured it may be interesting to see.

2 Likes

Wow, that looks really complex and I am sure only you know what is going on there.
Well done.

@thetoucher you’re making a kung-fu training sequence!? You don’t like making things easy for yourself do you… My training montage would be strictly squats.

I’m afraid even I don’t know what’s going on there :wink: there is loads of control bones for targeting. I’ve been keen to work on some procedural animation and am using this to try and get my head around everything I will need to know.

My compiler, gets a folder with images and blend files, converts all to dds, loads all blender files, replaces the textures with the dds ones and saves them as j3o, staticmeshshape and hullshape.

1 Like

While we are showing off some blender modeling and integration stuff, here is an image of some of my forest levels for the latest update of my game, Wonder Ball . I basically create a model set in blender. Then I user those model sets in jme to build up a scene.

1 Like

Well let’s go for game shots
This is a game project I have for android… going slooooowly but surely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WOOW, nice, I love the bump mapping / normal maps on those models.
How is the performance on android with those bump for you?
Are you only targeting high end android devices?

I’m heads down in the middle of redoing some groovy object action integration but this thread is really motivating me to get through it so I can get to something with a screen shot involved. :slight_smile:

So, I’m glad this is becoming a “thing”.

Yeah I agree with you pspeed. I also love the idea and like you say, it is very encouraging.
Some nice ideas can be thrown around in this thread and people might just start learning the real potential of jME.

:mrgreen:

@ndebruyn said: WOOW, nice, I love the bump mapping / normal maps on those models. How is the performance on android with those bump for you? Are you only targeting high end android devices?
Actually it works around 20 fps on my nexus1, but a bit lower when there are plenty of effects. It caps at 60 on my nexus 4. It's stock lighting material, with just a diffuse, normal, and sometimes a light map. It works ok as long as the models are not covering the entire area of the screen. The giant worm is like the biggest I have :p

Yeah that sounds about right when I think of the investigations I have done as well.
What I realized was the amount of objects and materials that are loaded in memory at the certain point in a scene have a big impact on performance.
Also, the lighting is a big thing. Have you tried switching the lighting material to an unshaded material, you should notice a huge jump in fps!!!, but I am
sure you already know this… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ndebruyn said: Have you tried switching the lighting material to an unshaded material, you should notice a huge jump in fps!!!, but I am sure you already know this... ;-P
heheh yeah, my point was to use normal maps, so I have to use lighting. It could be done with unshaded though by baking the light maps...My light is static and the models are just animated, but I guess they'd look weird when they move... Also it would be a lot of extra work...and I already got plenty

Yeah, that is a valid reason. Great work on this so far.
Looks amazing, really.

Playing with a new JME material shader, which I plan to slot into shader nodes.

2 Likes

I think it’s interesting that so far this month there is only one screen shot of an actual game… and the rest are cool ‘dev tool’ screenshot. The special irony is that the game screen shot was posted by the guy who works on some of these tools. :slight_smile:

I hoped to have my inventory screen to post but so far I only have mock-ups. Maybe tomorrow I will have more.

In the mean time, continuing the trend of not posting actual screenshots, here is some very unfinished concept art that I don’t think I’ve posted here before:

2 Likes

Since I seem to have murdered the thread before :wink: …here is a real screen shot:

I only just got all of the objects displaying and draggable so it’s a little rough. This past week was spent getting my object scripting engine ready for this.

1 Like
@pspeed said: I think it's interesting that so far this month there is only one screen shot of an actual game... and the rest are cool 'dev tool' screenshot. The special irony is that the game screen shot was posted by the guy who works on some of these tools. :)

I hoped to have my inventory screen to post but so far I only have mock-ups. Maybe tomorrow I will have more.

In the mean time, continuing the trend of not posting actual screenshots, here is some very unfinished concept art that I don’t think I’ve posted here before:

What’s the concept art for?

@t0neg0d said: What's the concept art for?

A creature for Mythruna… a Mud Takwin. (Went to google my own link only to discover that I own the phrase ‘mud takwin’ now. heheh… though I did not make it up, golem is over-used and these are natural constructs anyway…)

To be really bored, the background: