(October 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

oh cool, yet another blender feature i had no idea about.

1 Like

One that apparently doesn’t work outside blender anyway ¯\ _ (ツ) _ /¯

Now I’m gonna have to reconfigure this to use some sort of shitty rigid robotic arm. sigh

Poor animation system in the engine.
You could (perhaps) bake such a bendy-bone-based animation…
But I guess you want it to work ingame.

Also, see “inverse kinematics” - it might be what you want.
Same here, you can bake it, but having it ingame - there are some plugins maybe, but about their quality I don’t know.

EDIT: another idea: use drones that fly to and from the fuel tanks (to = full drone, from = empty drone)

EDIT: or go the long and painful way: make a chain of bones and implement your own “bendy bones” :slight_smile:

That was what I was planning to use for the robotic arm. So that doesn’t work either huh? How in the world does anyone make characters look even remotely good with only baked animations?

I think I’ll just abandon this altogether and have a tube spray out fuel into space so you can pick it up with the collectors.

Control some bones by urself. You can just make bones and make for some of the setUserControl(true). And set translation to them.

Well yes, that’s how I made the fans spin on the collectors, but making everything look connected, rotate right and move right is a whole other story.

If you could move the bone ends separately like in blender then it might be doable in a reasonable time frame but afaik you can only move a whole bone.

Can’t believe I could get excited for a psychedelic billboard, but here you go

Colors get randomized for every tpf… oh my eyes! :smiley:

9 Likes

Also tested Bendy Bone animation with Xbuf but it couldn’t import it.
This is a great step forward bone animation.
It might be great to support it in JME.
Here is an In-Depth Look at How B-Bones Work in blender

Well you all realise that it’s just a tool in blender, right? Once the exporters supports it it will just translate in more bones in your skeleton, which is not necessarily the best option. Remember that Blender features are seldom focused on producing game assets.

5 Likes

Well it may be the only option to get that desired result.

No, it’s not the only way. You can model a snake of bones and then animate it by user code at runtime. I think you can even scale the bones along their … ehm … axis to make parts of the fuel hose longer or shorter. To achieve this you will have to think a lot and do some experiments - maybe some of the math papers and “how we did it” might help to reach your goal faster.

1 Like

Long time no see, I ve been working on the skills system and town system.
Also the building System for unique house and structure but it s not yet finalize :open_mouth:

There is not much to show since most of the system are server side :sweat:
They still work for a person since the game work as an MMORPG, Well.

9 Likes

What did you make your inventory with? (GUI)

Probably, Jaime’s tail has 10 bones for example. you could do a similar rig.

If the question was for me yes it s my own menu library. I ve been working on a fast way to generated menu in no time even with missing asset and that will fit on any screen :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

13 Likes

This is my progress this month:

I hate microsoft.
(i pulled this off google, but the same thing is happening. I’m just too lazy to take a picture of my own crash)
This keeps on happening at the most random times. My poor 8 year old graphics card…

3 Likes

that’s easy to solve -O-

1 Like

Yes, you just need to move to a desolate place and never touch a computer again. :slight_smile:

1 Like
rm -rf /media/grizeldi/Windows

Would erase my windows partition.

2 Likes