(October 2020) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Hi there.

Let me be the first one this month to post some screenshots.
Firstly let me mention that I haven’t done jME development in months.
We have been very busy with another project at my day job.

Now for the show and tell. This weekend was LudumDare47. Yes can you believe it, 47 game jams already.
I have decided to participate and the theme was, “Stuck in a loop”.

So I decided to make a racing game in jME. Please have a look at the screenshots and maybe give it a try. Feedback would be nice but not compulsory… :slight_smile:

Link to my game: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/47/time-rider

26 Likes

I like this. The scene looks adequately populated and the colour pallete works really well. Good job :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Looks pretty good! I’ll try it out once I get around to rating, we’re still scratching our head about godot’s scene preloading, as some users are reporting our game doesnt start :sweat_smile:

Please share the link to your game. Thanks for the comment.

That was pretty well done! It took me a minute to realize there were 3 lanes but once I did it was pretty easy to pick up. My only feedback would be that I thought there should be more rings to force you out of position. Once you memorize the track it was pretty easy to just get into the correct position and wait for the next obstacle.

1 Like

Nice! how did you created the track?

Nice. But I am hitting the right side of the road in the first turn every time.

Ae you bundling java runtime with the game? How do I do that?

Thanks.
I made the track with AssetForge from kenny: https://assetforge.io/

1 Like

Thanks @iamcreasy.

Sorry for the bug there, it is a timing issue with my physics and the slerp/interpolation movement of the car. The car does not have full vehicle physics like you would think, it rather moves on a collection of points.

I made use of the jME SDK to the JRE with the game.
It is actually very easy.

1. Choose under project properties to build jre with game

2. Build and then it will create a resource folder under your game.
    jre-drive

3. Next you need to download the loose standing jre’s for all platforms and place them under this folder like this.
    jre-drive2

4. Clean and build your game.

2 Likes

Ohh Nice! I bought Assets Forge recently. Good to know that you can create such nice graphics with it!

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the source? :slight_smile:

Hi.
I have no problem sharing my code.

Here you go: GitHub - nickidebruyn/ld47

7 Likes

Tried out your game, it was pretty good. My team’s game wasn’t made in JME so I don’t think it’s appropriate to post it here, but I can send you the link in PM if you want.

1 Like

I’ve been making an FPS demo for jme

It’s mostly done, but I am going to fix the glitchy hand animations and improve the performances before publishing the code.

19 Likes

looks cool :smiley:

Much better than my basic one :slight_smile: great job!

I was experimenting with glTF and decided to give jme a try, first impressions are very good!

My software is used for debugging industrial controls so it has to talk quite a few different protocols (Siemens, Modbus etc.), I thought it would be fun to use that live data to animate a 3D scene in realtime, in the screenshot I’m manipulating transforms and material colors using MQTT. This is still very experimental though.

There were some issues with ‘embedding’ into my application but I managed to work around them, it would be really nice if this remains a supported feature. Still I’m very impressed with jme.

17 Likes

I’ve been working on a quest that unlocks the second playable map in my game, which is a shiny, enchanted crystal theme. I plopped down some models and terrain textures from that map onto the first woodsy map and am trying to make a quest out of it now. Although it still needs sound effects, and some more special effects when the crystal disappears.

11 Likes

This is a demo gui made with jme-igui

10 Likes

Currently I am not active. So jme-gui ? Did I miss something or is it new ?