(October) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

I might suggest one per mothen instead, (depending on how many images we get per week) as a new thread for only a few images is somewhat senseless.
(Also the month or week should then be added to the thread title, to make searching for the current one easier)

1 Like

I’ll be keeping my eye on these threads, that’s for sure. Very keen to see what people are working on.

Yeah, it’s nice to have a place to show up WIP. This topic should be focus in images and short description only.

I’m very busy recently. My last JME work was the MMO game “Ancient Monkey world” and a small stealth action game which is a remake of “Commandos” series - GreenBeret (will be opensource - welcome to anyone who want to join and develop) . The MMO screenshots will be posted later, here are some GreenBeret game screenshots:

The first level

AI debug with Line of sight and path finding, and generated maze level

[Fixed the #kin pictures links ] :facepalm:

Hey @atomix, we (at least I) can’t see your shots :slight_smile:

1 Like

If only there were a public place (imgur) where anyone (imgur) could post pics (imgur) and share it with the world (imgur) without even having to create an account (imgur).

Oh, maybe http://imgur.com/

:wink:

1 Like

@pspeed haha mastertroll :slight_smile: but it’s true imgur is one of the best if not the best currently.

My photo of the day :slight_smile:

1 Like
@Empire Phoenix said: @pspeed haha mastertroll :) but it's true imgur is one of the best if not the best currently.

Yeah, but just upload your image, grab your link, and leave. Don’t fall into the trap of browsing through most viral. And whatever you do, don’t ever ever start reading the comments.

Down that path is the road to non-productivity.

I got sidetracked yesterday and stared this project: a Matrix inspired Dojo scene… I was about to make a thread to show the SS when I saw this one, perfect =)

The scene super simple: unlit (no lights) and there is nothing “baked” (like lightmaps, AO etc), no shadows, no normal maps, no specular highlights… just a bunch of boxes and planes with diffuse textures and some filters… and 2 big head characters.

1 Like

Hi, check the fixed links for the screenshots. I’ve been so dumb that think my google drive links are still public and can be seen just like before :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway, i hope you guys see it now. The GreenBeret is one of my favourite game character of all time and also Commandos gameplay is quite interesting to port into smaller devices. Glad to hear any feedback!

@atomix as a fellow developer, I find your debug screen shot far more interesting, I love seeing things like this

1 Like

Yeah, I will definitely show some more. Commandos series have a very interesting gameplay which also can be expanded more in 3D, the orginal also have a 3D version but i not push too much into 3D space and complexity. Here’s just a sketch of the game with AI and placeholder. I will post a video of the full gameplay when I have time to record it.

1 Like

This is my first ‘project’ with jme, or any game related stuff for that matter. Unfortunately I stopped working on it, as I’m pretty busy at work atm. I hope I’ll have a chance soon to clean up this dynamic sky shader to improve its looks, performance, usability and readability, so I can eventually release it and maybe sometime use it when I ever start working on a game project :slight_smile:

So far the shader includes moving clouds (also dissolving), a moving sun and at night a sky full of rotating stars.

2 Likes

@reveance Looks really nice. Sky is always tricky get “realistic” from what I’ve learned doing mine.

@8Keep123 said: @reveance Looks really nice. Sky is always tricky get "realistic" from what I've learned doing mine.
Thanks :), yeah it were a lot of hours trying to understand how shaders work at first, following up by alot of tweak hours :P

I do have a lot of points to improve which will make it look so much better, such as self-shadowing of the clouds and the clouds being affected by the sunlight. It’s just that currently the whole sky is basically a frag shader (except for the star rotating, which is what the vertex shader does), which is very unmodular… it would be much better if different parts of the sky were made of different components. That way you can add cool effects (sun scattering through the clouds) if clouds were on a separate plane. And maybe even the option to make volumetric clouds aswell.

I realize I never posted my own… here it is

I have a lot of basic stuff down… I created a system for managing “entities” (not really an entity system though). I have movement, items, npc’s, and some basic physics stuff. I made it very modular. Items definitions are stored in text files, same with npc’s and in the future interactive game objects. Sky is on hold (temporarily just plain light blue until I fix some bugs) as are art assets (at the moment I’m trying to practice blender as much as I can before I start working on the game a lot again). The game is a free realm rpg similar to fallout. I am also working on an swing editor. jMP scene editor isn’t enough for me.

Hello monthly screenshot champs! Working on anything cool these days? Whether it’s the same thing as it was back when this thread started or something brand new, however big or small, please consider sharing it for the 2015 jMonkeyEngine showcase video:

Keep the WIPs coming!