Odd problem when running jME a second time in the same jvm on Linux

Ok, here is something very odd…

In my application, you can press a button to create a 3D window. When the user press the escape key, the 3D window is destroyed. The user can then relaunch the 3D window by pressing the button again.

This works flawlessly on windows and os x. On linux however, it would work the first time but when the user tries to do it a second time, I get the following error:

[java]

SEVERE: Could not create displaySystem

com.jme.system.JmeException: Cannot create window: Could not choose GLX13 config

at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem.initDisplay(LWJGLDisplaySystem.java:444)

[/java]

I am using jME 2.0.1 stable.

Thanks

It’s been a while since I came across It’s been a while since I came across these window problems in something I was doing, but from what you say this sounds like it’ll be down some resources not being closed down correctly by Lwjgl under Linux, hence failing when a new window is created.

I found that the developers on the Lwjgl forums were quick to respond and helpful, but it did involve digging through the DisplaySystem class to find the Lwjgl code being invoked – worth a try if this problem is of high priority to you.

Batkid,

Please post the code on the forum that is having problems under Linux. Ta

Riz

rizwanjavaid said:
Batkid,

Please post the code on the forum that is having problems under Linux. Ta

Riz

Check the age of the thread ;)

@batkid: If you're still having issues it may be worth using the 2.1 release or working from the jME2 trunk as they're both using LWJGL 2.6 now

Has 2.1 been released? Or do I have to build from svn directly?

It’s not that I don’t want to build my own package from the svn, it’s just that the last time I tried to use the trunk version, I realized that some of the jar packages are different (for example, the jme-ogrexml.jar is no longer available).

Is this still the case? What other changes can I expect if I use the trunk version?

Thanks