Odd results using blenderToOGRE 0.5.5 (0.5.4 as well) to .j30

All seems to work fine importing a model with multiple animations until you select one of the imported animations. It is playing the same animation with different start/stop frames.

The NLA tracks are setup properly.

Each are pointing at the correct animation (action), with the correct start/stop frames/sync.

The mesh and armatures are importing correctly.

Materials look fine.

Just the issue stated above.

Anyone else had this issue before? And does any brilliant person out there know how to fix it?

UPDATE: Have tried this using the version shipped with JME as well. Have tried with Blender 2.60 and 2.62. Same results in all.

I created a simple example with two animations. After going through the skeleton.xml file, I can confirm that blenderToOGRE is not exporting the correct action with the NLA strip. It is duplicating the first in the list over and over and over again >.<

What would I be failing to do that would cause this to happen?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Well… I reverted back to 2.49b and the old OGRE exporter.

Honestly, I’m not sure why I bothered to update. The old Blender/OGRE Exporter works flawlessly… and the newer gives no advantages considering the use with JME3.

Still if anyone is able to confirm that this happens/doesn’t happen… that would be great.

There’s a new version 0.5.7 that I believe fixes most of the issues

1 Like
@t0neg0d said:
All seems to work fine importing a model with multiple animations until you select one of the imported animations. It is playing the same animation with different start/stop frames.

The NLA tracks are setup properly.

I'm using blender 2.62 and ogre exporter 0.5.6 and it works fine.
However I had those kind of issues and that was that the NLA tracks were not set up properly.

You must have one track for each animation, and they must not overlap.
Every deforming bone must have at least one keyframe in the animation or it's completely ignored.