Opening a SceneExplorer window in the IDE

This is probably a dumb question, but I’m stumped … How do I open a SceneExplorer window in the IDE?

I read the wiki, and it says “You open the SceneExplorer by viewing a model (j3o file or other) in the jMonkeyEngine SDK.” But how?

When I double-click on a J3O file in the Projects window of the IDE, I get a SceneComposer window instead – not so useful. When I right-click on a J3O file in the Projects window, I get many choices, none of which is SceneExplorer. Same results with the Files widow of the IDE. If I try to open a BLEND file in the IDE, I get Blender, not SceneExplorer. The IDE’s icon bar has icons for “View Model” and “Edit in SceneComposer” but not “Edit in SceneExplorer”. The IDE’s “File” menu has an item for “Edit in SceneComposer” but not “Edit in SceneExplorer”.

Perhaps SceneExplorer is just another name for SceneComposer. But in that case, how come when I open my model it doesn’t display the scene graph hierarchy with nodes and geometries as illustrated in the wiki?

I’m running the 3.0Stable IDE on Windows7. Perhaps SceneExplorer something I need to install. The wiki mentions plugins, but I don’t find SceneExplorer listed among the 190-odd available plugins.

I really am stuck. Please enlighten me.

The SceneExplorer is bottom left and opens with the composer.

1 Like
The SceneExplorer is bottom left and opens with the composer.

Not on my computer it doesn’t. My bottom left is taken up by the “Navigator” panel. Is there anything I can do to force SceneExplorer to reveal itself?

on the top the “Window” menu allows you to disiplay any panel/window you want. Also in that menu somewhere is a button to return the UI to the default values.

Also remember some windows are “intelligent” and automatically hide or show based on what youre doing (usually the case for windows that only have a purpose when doing certain tasks)

1 Like

Sure enough. I’ve got the window now. Thanks, guys!

I’ve clarified all this in the wiki.

2 Likes