Huge success update!
I've got OpenVR working with the C interface & direct-calling JNA. This should be fast & have all the tools we need to complete this project. I've tested VR_init(), GetRecommendedRenderTargetSize(), getting the FOV & IPD. All return good, expected results. I haven't been able to get the Compositor working, but I believe it is because I'm running Windows in a virtual machine & it may have trouble picking up the virtual display.
The solution was to add VR_ to many of the C function names. Apparently that part is missing in the openvr_capi.h header files, but I found them by dumping the symbolic link tables.
I committed my changes. I converted the first half of things inside OpenVR.java. I recommend you check this out, @rickard:
Here is the new JOpenVR library, using direct-access JNA:
Looks like we'll need to update & reconvert the rendering stuff. A new "hello world VR" program was written with the OpenVR 0.9.2 update here:
If you find time, feel free to do this @rickard I'll get to it myself eventually, though.