Optimize terrain shaders for tri-planar mode per layer, remove fog defines to make room?

No it is also happening for my other models too actually. I wasn’t sure so I tested again, and it seems like any intense fog flickers the entire geometry when I get close enough while holding a weapon that has a point light.

If I remember correctly, It didn’t even end up being anything related to fog specifically. I ended up reducing my shaders to have only a single line in the main() section to hard-code the output color to the same gray color that intense fog would result in, and the issue still occurred. So it seemed to be a deeper JME issue that only got highlighted coincidentally as a result of the gray color you would experience by intense fog.

Here was the thread I made about the issue from a while ago:

I think the last thing mentioned in that thread was you saying I should make a test case, but I wasn’t exactly certain at the time how to best show the issue and eventually forgot about it since I stopped using the fog in my game. Maybe I should try to look into it more since the issues still happening.

1 Like