Particle Monkey particle shape problem

Normal use of the particle monkey produced particles are made up of 2 triangles.
Can I use the particle monkey to produce a particle that is a shape with a grid?
I should know which api is in which class.
There are so few doc documents about particle monkeys that forum searches can hardly help me with what I’m trying to make right now.
Where can I get the doc file for Particle monkey Maybe I missed it Need some hints :sweat_smile:

(The above content was translated by youdao,If you have any questions about the above, please point out. Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Probably you are looking for a mesh emitter. As far as I know, you can set a JME mesh as the emitter shape. Here is an example I found from the git history.

1 Like

thank you for your reply.
What I want is not a grid emitter but the particles that are emitted are grid shaped rather than a square of two triangles.

As you can see from the screenshot, these particles are a square of 2 triangles. They are flat. I need a grid shape instead of a flat square.

The example in your reply has given me a new inspiration. I am still trying. I will create a new post to find out another problem I encountered when using particle monkey.

You are looking for the method “setParticleMeshType” on the emitter class. Specifically you should be using ParticleDataTemplateMesh. The emitter by default uses ParticleDataTriMesh. I don’t think I have an example for that one.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
What I said about the example is that the effect of MeshEmitExample gives me some new ideas :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: