PBR shader affected by light's color/intensity

I tried to use the PBRLIghting shader available but I don’t seem to find how it can be affected by light color or intensity.
Should I write my own shader?

1 Like

You can see how it works in my editor :wink:

1 Like

Do you have a test case maybe?
Classic lights should work as they do with the lighting shader…

2 Likes

I did some tests, and when using “Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.j3md” then I can see the light colour affecting my entity. But when I use “Common/MatDefs/Light/PBRLighting.j3md” it doesn’t affect it.

What I’m trying to do is to reduce the intensity of the light which should make the entity looks less bright. Maybe I’m not taking the right approach. I’m currently using an ambient light. I confirmed that it’s working as expected with the lighting shader.

For my test, I set the light color to black and when using the PBR shader, it doesn’t change anything.

1 Like

Ha, yeah Ambient light does not affect the pbr lighting.
The ambient lighting in PBR is handled by the image based lighting, basically a light probe containing environement lighting information.
ONly directional, spot and point lights affect the PBR material

1 Like

PBR with direction light :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for your answer.
I was wrong about my issue. Works fine with other lights thank you. It is not that the lights don’t affect the PBR. In my environnement, I have a probe light to have the scene reflection on my object. But even when changing the color of the light probe to black, my object using PBR still have the scene illumination.

3 Likes

mhhh… true… a probe has a color because it inherits of light… but the color is not taken into account…
I see how it can be misguiding though…

2 Likes