The PickResults javadoc references getGeometry and addGeometry in its getPickData and addPickData methods - are these left over from changing method names or something?  I don't see any reference or use of them in this object or any other related object type, though I do come up with some old search results on the forum referencing their use.

void addPickData(PickData data)  addGeometry places a new Geometry spatial into the results list.

PickData  getPickData(int i)  getGeometry retrieves a Geometry from a specific index.

Well, at least getPickData works just fine for me. Here is example code from my A* test-app:

// Find out if the mouse is clicking on a unit.. and in any case get the object we are clicking on
Vector2f screenPos = new Vector2f();
screenPos.set(mouse.getHotSpotPosition().x, mouse.getHotSpotPosition().y);   // Get the position that the mouse is pointing to
Vector3f worldCoords = display.getWorldCoordinates(screenPos, 0);      // Get the world location of that X,Y value
Vector3f worldCoords2 = display.getWorldCoordinates(screenPos, 1);
// Create a ray starting from the camera & going in the direction of the mouse's location
Ray mouseRay = new Ray( worldCoords, worldCoords2.subtractLocal(worldCoords).normalizeLocal());
rootNode.findPick(mouseRay, pickResults);               // Check if there is any object under the mouse
for (int i = 0; i < pickResults.getNumber(); i++) {
   pickObject = (Spatial)pickResults.getPickData(i).getTargetMesh().getParentGeom();
   if (units.containsKey(pickObject)){      // units is my HashMap storing references to... units. The Spatials are the Keys
      pickIsVehicle = true;
      pickIsVehicle = false;

Anyways as I said, this works just fine. I learned how to use it by checking the example tests inside the jME package. There are test there for everything.. almost. Just go and see.

I'm sure it works fine, I'm just saying the documentation seems to refer to functions that were renamed into the current ones… I can start fixing stuff like this if you guys want me to, but I didn't want to do anything without permission - considering I'm pretty new to the project :stuck_out_tongue:

OK… i misunderstood what you were saying.

I am just a newcomer myself also, but so far when people have offered to help, such actions have always been welcomed. Often such help has come in the form of patches posted right here on the forum.

Because I did not understand the actual problem with the JavaDoc, I had a look at the code and found the <code>methodname</code> stuff in the JavaDoc of these methods. The method's JavaDoc was referring to the name of the very same method - which in deed had changed. Fixed in CVS.