fine tuning is something like seeing the port but not beeing able to reach it.
Whatever here’s the second beta version of pirateHell: “ye wanna be a pirate?”
the beta version contains the whole first chapter and all level 1 buildings
- some music parts added
- many new sounds added
- all buildings now have a purpose
- added new special rage attacks (first buy the armory. Then select them in the mission screen)
- added new animations and graphics
- implemented a gamepad control for the interface (currently the menu reacts on every button. I want to see if this is a good or a bad thing)
- balanced the campaign
- and many bugfixes
So what do I want from you, my fellow monkeys?
At first: have fun. If you’re not having fun, please complain (if you have fun, please tell me, too^^).
Then please tell me what issues you’ve found.
@normen: I’ve added an option for the axis inversion in the gamepad config popup. Can you please test it?
So to get you guys in the mood while the game is loading: some new screens.
edit: Oh and please be patient at the intro sequence. There’s a control that goes nuts when you press a button before the scene has finished (it’s an high priority issue on my list)
new version up. Fixed the following:
- second mission now works properly
- third mission: the traders now behave more intelligent when following there route
- fixed an issue where pressing buttons at the intro sequence restarts the intro
- and some grammar corrections
You can reuse your old savegame. Just make sure to save the save.bin file (the game creates this one next to the pirateHell.jar)