Hands up! Who thought PirateHell is dead?
No, it isn’t, but it is like every time: “Hey, that feature would be cool. And that feature would be cool, too. Oh and full support of gamepad AND mouse/keyboad” and so on.
But now I’m happy to announce that PirateHell has an update called “The Great, Grand World”!
And the name says everything. PirateHell got a world mode where you can travel around, meet traders (and plunder them), collect flotsam, trade with cities, equip awesome stuff (yes we got an inventory), accept side missions and discover a few nifty secrets.
The update reached beta state last week and I’m currently polishing like hell.
So all in all we got:
- advanced graphics (now with shadows!)
- a world map
- randomly generated side quests
- items and equipment
- percental chance of doing critical hits
- a new building: Build the chapel and let your pirates pray to the God of Gold
- a new ship (but you have to find it by yourself)
- duckhunt minigame (which you have to find, too )
- massive UI improvements especially for gamepads
I think that’s all. New trailer is attached, screenies will follow.
Yoho, yoho, a pirate’s game for me… and you… and everybody who wants it!