Poisonville finally in OpenBeta and playable

Don’t know if someone already mentioned but poisionville is now playable. Have a look here:

Was this written using JME?

null said:
Was this written using JME?

Yep. It was announced quite a while back, I could swear I mentioned the open beta somewhere, but thanks for reiterating ttrocha :)
erlend_sh said:
Yep. It was announced quite a while back, I could swear I mentioned the open beta somewhere, but thanks for reiterating ttrocha :)

You definitely announced it because I definitely tried it and definitely was having trouble figuring out where to click in order to have the game open once logging into the site :/

I actually got it running pretty nicely, except because I was on Ubuntu x64 the audio was not working. Apparently it was a known issue, so hopefully that one will get fixed.

Right now I’ve just not the time for any playtesting :frowning:

I have seen them on the gamescom last month where they went online, wanted to post my screenshots from the gamescom but have not found the time so far…

From what I also remember was reading somewhere (think it was on gamasutra.com) that they invested 2 millions to get it rolling…

Meh, apparently it doesn’t like IcedTea version of Java under Linux… :frowning:

I would like to play it, but they make it hard for non-Windows users, it seems.

Sorry if I sound bitter, lots of Windows-related stuff going on recently. :confused:

I got a “alGetString function not found” exception. Thankfully enough they had a “Send” button that let me report the error :slight_smile:

Worked fine on my Windows 7 machine, except there was no sound. :slight_smile:

Oh, and loading is sooo slow for my 1mbit connection… They should make some standalone client or smth… :slight_smile: