POLL: What is your primary jME development OS?

32 Bit Windows Vista Home Premium.  Heh… no problems with it yet.

didnt vote because i use ubuntu and xp… no problems either… only under linux, JME is slightly slower (10 fps on a 180 fps average). I blame that on bad quality Nvidia driver support for the linux community though…

Mostly Ubuntu Linux (x64, 8.10 upgraded now, was 8.04).

I've had no real problems, though on rare occasions I'll have a weird issue where the screen draws slowly enough that you can see the picture gradually appear. Generally, I have to fix this by moving to another desktop, killing the process, and then returning to Eclipse.

Oh, and Java 1.6, SUN implementation.

Windows…last week I upgraded to Windows Vista Business (32 bit), so far no problems :slight_smile:

XP 32 bit here.

Actually I think for the poll to be more useful we could have it split up by 32/64 bit (as people have occasionally been having problems with 64 bit) and also XP / vista separately, as Vista is also having problems atm.

Mindgamer said:

XP 32 bit here.

Actually I think for the poll to be more useful we could have it split up by 32/64 bit (as people have occasionally been having problems with 64 bit) and also XP / vista separately, as Vista is also having problems atm.

I haven't noticed anything too different on Vista running JME, although Eclipse seemed to have some hiccups which (seemed) to have gone away when running in compatibility mode for XP.

Vista 64 bit :wink:

Mainly Linux (Debian), 32-bit.

Sometimes win XP - 32bit

Ubuntu

I use XP and OSX. But XP i use a little more because i just have 3d MAX on XP.

openSUSE 32bit. I switched back from 64bit, because 64bit still isn't up yet. The next time i install a 64bit system is when 128bit OS become popular :wink:

Vista 64bit ultimate edition,  I have not had too many issues that I remember.

Ubuntu 8.4 with OpenJDK 1.6

no big issues so far.

i use ubuntu 8.04(hardy heron) and windows xp 32 bit…no issues on windows but sometimes in ubuntu cause of bad graphics driver installed…otherwise there is no issue on both of them…

Linux of course  :smiley: I don't want to give money to Microsoft for political reasons (trust computing, TCPA, Palladium, software patents, abuse of dominant position, mercantile view of the information world…).

gouessej said:

Linux of course  :D I don't want to give money to Microsoft for political reasons (trust computing, TCPA, Palladium, software patents, abuse of dominant position, mercantile view of the information world...).

Really? I, on the other hand, have always sort of wished for a big brother to take care and look after me :roll:

Well at least I have the government...

And there's always Apple . Everybody loves Apple.

Alric said:

Everybody loves Apple.

I know I don't.
Alric said:

And there's always Apple . Everybody loves Apple.

I don't love Apple and I don't love Google too.

I don't love Google too.
[/quote]

How can someone not love a wolf in a sheeps pelt that is just a few years away from complete world domination and soon will become our big brother?  ;)