Problem: com.bulletphysics.collision.shapes does not exist

My game crashed when i tried to load a new scene, so it seems to be my scene, but I tried to track down the error and found this under

Notice the package is in the project libraries…

Here’s the crash error:

[java]java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at com.bulletphysics.collision.shapes.QuantizedBvhNodes.setQuantizedAabbMax(

at com.bulletphysics.collision.shapes.QuantizedBvhNodes.setQuantizedAabbMax(

at com.bulletphysics.collision.shapes.OptimizedBvh.setInternalNodeAabbMax(

at com.bulletphysics.collision.shapes.OptimizedBvh.buildTree(


at com.bulletphysics.collision.shapes.BvhTriangleMeshShape.<init>(

at com.bulletphysics.collision.shapes.BvhTriangleMeshShape.<init>(

at com.jme3.bullet.collision.shapes.MeshCollisionShape.createShape(

at com.jme3.bullet.collision.shapes.MeshCollisionShape.createCollisionMesh(

at com.jme3.bullet.collision.shapes.MeshCollisionShape.<init>(

at com.jme3.bullet.util.CollisionShapeFactory.createSingleMeshShape(

at com.jme3.bullet.util.CollisionShapeFactory.createCompoundShape(

at com.jme3.bullet.util.CollisionShapeFactory.createCompoundShape(

at com.jme3.bullet.util.CollisionShapeFactory.createMeshCompoundShape(

at com.jme3.bullet.util.CollisionShapeFactory.createMeshShape(

at com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl.createCollisionShape(

at com.jme3.bullet.control.RigidBodyControl.setSpatial(

at com.jme3.scene.Spatial.addControl(

at PlatformBall.Main.finishSceneLoading(

at PlatformBall.Main.simpleUpdate(


at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(



What’s wrong here?

I apologize in advance if this is simple user error.


Hm, strange, did you change the library settings of the project or had an update that somehow went strange somehow? When you build your project, do you have a “dist/lib/jbullet.jar” being created?

Also, always make sure to “clean & build” every now and then instead of just running the app to avoid combining old and new compiles of class files.

“dist/lib/jbullet.jar” exists, tried clean and build and didn’t fix.

I have been having issues with updating lately. Sometimes if I ‘restart now’ it won’t update, i have to ‘restart later’ and reboot before it will update. Earlier today I uninstalled, including user settings, and reinstalled (had to delete the ‘c:program filesjmonkeyplatform’ folder for it to install in the same location). Then I updated the updater, then it found other updates, and after that was done (hit ‘restart now’ for both of those) I checked get latest svn and updated. tried the ‘restart now’ but it didn’t work as the updates were there again, so re-updated that and hit ‘restart later’, then rebooted and it updated.

By the way, the original model still loads somehow, but not the new one. It’s actually a revision of the original. both are ogre exports converted to j3o binary and edited in scenecomposer to add a node that is called on in the game. (yes I can view the model in scenecomposer with no problem).

To troubleshoot project settings I tried creating a new project and copying the src and assets files, and it has the exact same behavior… :?

thanks again

Hmm… sounds pretty strange, maybe you just select the nightly and update the jMP plugins and not the core NetBeans plugins… I want to disable those update centers by default, they are nice to have but clutter the view on jME related plugins in the plugin list and apparently sometimes even break the platform… In any instance I’d recommend reinstalling until you find a way where the “restart now” works… Btw, did you “download in background”? If yes, try not doing that after a fresh install… Another thing, did you use the uninstaller to uninstall, theres settings files stored that might mess up your new install again if you don’t delete them before installing.

Update: I just created a new model that was an unmodified default blender box, added the same uv map image as my model and exported it, then added the node like the other models so the call to the node doesn’t break it, and this one does the same thing too. So it doesn’t seem to be my model.

When I uninstalled I went to ‘programs and features’ and used the uninstaller from there. When updating I did not download in background. Before reinstalling I deleted the folder “c:/program files/jmonkeyplatform”. But I did not check the “appdata/roaming/.jmonkeyplatform/dev” folder (I checked the box to delete the user settings though which I think says it will delete that folder). I will try uninstalling again. Are there any other folders I should make sure get deleted before reinstalling?

Yeah as said it might be theres a quirk in jme right now, theres no folders containing settings apart from that one, no.

I uninstalled, ran an ‘sfc /scannow’ on windows and then reinstalled, and it updated after ‘restart now’ this time.

But the error still exists. I just saw the other thread about arrayIndexOutOfBoundsException; I didn’t spend a long time scanning the error stack but it looks the same as i get when my game crashes.

EDIT: I just updated to .6665 and I still get the same crash.

EDIT 2: I compared my crash error stack to the other thread and the first 16 lines are exactly the same, almost down to where our own games’ classes are listed.

Duh, I was hunting for the other problem with the “missing imports” but thats only in the readonly source view, thats normal :roll:. The other bug is fixed, update again.

Oh cool. I thought the fix didn’t fix it, but that was before I deleted the .j3o binary and re-created it.

Thanks for the speedy support!