Problem on starting some samples

Hello to all,

I'm facing some problems with some jME3 samples:

1. Program HelloAssets refuses to load "Ninja.meshxml" file, though I put it into assets/Models/Ninja/.

30.08.2010. 00.22.54 com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager loadAsset

WARNING: Cannot locate resource: Models/Ninja/Ninja.meshxml

2. Program HelloCollision refuses to load "town.zip" file, though I put it into assets/.

30.08.2010. 00.40.22 com.jme3.asset.plugins.ZipLocator setRootPath

WARNING: Failed to open zip file: town.zip

java.io.FileNotFoundException: town.zip (The system cannot find the file specified)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)

at com.jme3.asset.plugins.ZipLocator.setRootPath(ZipLocator.java:45)

All other examples in the Beginners tutorial are working flawlessly.

Any tips? No one expirienced this kind of problems, or what?

1. Are you using a BasicGame in jMP as project? Then this should work.
  2. The base directory is the root of your project, try adding town.zip to "/" instead of "/assets/".

I’m usig IntelliJ IDEA and now I fixed problem with loading “town.zip” file. Didn’t actually knew what is considered as a root, because I’m using modules (IDEA specific) to organize project structure. Finally, I hade noticed where some *.dll files are copied (I guess jME did it on it’s own) and put “town.zip” file in the same folder (cosidered as a root in IDEA).

But, the problem with HelloAssets.java and “Ninja.meshxml” file still remains. You should check source of this class in beginner’s tutorial at the palce where this Ninja file occur:

Spatial ninja = assetManager.loadModel(“Models/Ninja/Ninja.meshxml”);

First, there is no link at the tutorial page from where to download this file. So I found it here http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/#svn/branches/jme3/src/test-data/Models/Ninja/Ninja.mesh.xml. As you can see, these file names do not match. I had renamed it to match, put into assets/Models/Ninja/ but it doesn’t load again. Try it for yourself.