Problem running tutorial on Snowleopard/10.5.8

I overcame the installation issues, running jmonkeyplatform on OS X 10.5.8, but then I run into a JNI issue (below) when I follow the hello world tutorial and then try to run the resulting helloworld application. Is it possible to get this to work on OS X 10.5.8?

INFO: Extraction Directory: /Users/me/JME/HelloWorld

Exception in thread “LWJGL Renderer Thread” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/me/JME/HelloWorld/liblwjgl.jnilib: Symbol not found: OBJC_CLASS$_NSOpenGLLayer Referenced from: /Users/me/JME/HelloWorld/liblwjgl.jnilib Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit

at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1881)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1761)

at java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:770)

at java.lang.System.load(System.java:1020)

at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:70)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:95)

at org.lwjgl.Sys.(Sys.java:112)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:204)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 5 seconds)

Maybe you missed to add the jm3 lwjgl libraly to the project’s classpath? And make sure your SDK is up to date.

No I think it has the correct class path. I used the sdk project wizard - it produces a project with a lwjgl.jar on the class path.

The sdk auto updated when I installed (earlier today).

Well, the log says that.

I think you may be misinterpreting the logged exception. Or at the very least I am misinterpreting what you mean.

The class org.lwjgl.Sys is in the lwjgl.jar and in the stack trace, so it is on the classpath.

at org.lwjgl.Sys.(Sys.java:112)

A missing jar would normally mean a ClassNotFoundException.

http://i.imgur.com/8ir7P.png

I guess the lwjgl guys managed to make the latest version depend on some post-10.5.8 feature… Update to 10.5.9 and see if that works for you, the later versions of 10.5 add a lot of things as they are the last versions that work for ppc.

Hi. It seems so. I think it also depends on the graphics card.

http://developer.apple.com/graphicsimaging/opengl/capabilities/

Although I would have thought it should be able to fall back to software rendering … perhaps it is more complicated than just that.

As far as I am aware there is no update past 10.5.8. I am of course stupid, I don’t have snow leopard (see post subject), I have leopard.

Right, I thought there was a 10.5.9 but 10.5.8 is the latest.

The latest version of lwjgl (2.8.3) seems to fix this issue, we’ll add it as soon as we were able to test it.