Problem with all Widget demos on a Mac

I’m trying to run the widget demos in jmetest.widget, and all of them are giving me this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: X, Y deltas are only available when the mouse is grabbed. Use getEventX()/getEventY() instead.
        at org.lwjgl.input.Mouse.getDX(Mouse.java:519)
        at com.jme.input.lwjgl.LWJGLMouseInput.poll(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.input.lwjgl.LWJGLMouseInput.updateState(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.input.RelativeMouse.update(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.input.AbstractInputHandler.update(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.input.AbstractInputHandler.update(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.widget.WidgetAbstractFrame.handleInput(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.widget.WidgetAbstractFrame.handleInput(Unknown Source)
        at jmetest.widget.TestWidgetApp1.update(Unknown Source)
        at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)
        at jmetest.widget.TestWidgetApp1.main(Unknown Source)
Dec 17, 2004 4:57:09 PM com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application ending.

I'm using what seems to be the latest mac version of lwjgl from here: http://odense.kollegienet.dk/~naur/lwjgl.jar. I'm not sure if this is a jME problem or lwjgl problem, but if it's not jME and is specifically an lwjgl problem, then could someone at least tell me what to ask about on the lwjgl forums?

Thanks for any help. (BTW, I'm using a CVS build from about 3 weeks ago or so).

It sounds like an incompatibility issue between the lwjgl you are using and jme… but if it is an lwjgl issue, we’re not yet using .94 and that is the version they call “officially mac compatible” so if you ask on the lwjgl forums you’ll probably get told to use .94 lwjgl. It shouldn’t be too long before .94 is used by us.

Umm… is the widget stuff different from the UI stuff…? Like the TestUI demo works fine surprisingly. I want buttons and textfields that are being rendered by the renderer in OpenGL, are the widgets rendered like so?

Actually, the widget stuff is old and likely to go away eventually. The UI stuff is more solid and more in line with the rest of jME. Everything in the screen is rendered by openGL

Ah, nice… would I be able to say, make a chat box with a small custom font and a semi-trasparent background…?

hmm, probably… the scrolling textpane part of that would be the only troublesome part of that.