Problem with Eclipse and jME

I just downloaded jME and installed it with that quide in tutorials, but when I try to run HelloWorld.java example program I get error: Editor does not contain a main type. I dont know really what it means so if someone knows how to fix it I hope you help me! And I am using Ubuntu! Thanks!  :smiley:

can you post the content of the .project file ?  :slight_smile:

i think you just run into this issue: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=9315.0

I copied that xml code from thread that you linked, but still comes same error! What to do?

check out the project again, make sure to select the option "Check out as project configured using the new project wizard" and then create as java project.

other than that, make sure the project builds fine without errors.

Core-Dump said:

check out the project again, make sure to select the option "Check out as project configured using the new project wizard" and then create as java project.
other than that, make sure the project builds fine without errors.
All was building correctly and I checked that option when I was installing JME, but I dont know why it gives me error like that. I didn't find anything with Google about this problem.  :P

in your run configurations in eclipse, you have to set the class with the main (you can search for it with the button next to it) or you can have it done automatically when you click on the source file of the class and choose 'run as' -> 'java application'

I think you have to rebuild the project.

I rebuild the project and now it works! Thanks! I dont know where the error came from, but now everything is alright cause it works! :smiley: