Problem with light in jME3 beta that wasn't "exist" in jME3 Alpha

Hello all, first sorry for my bad english.

Today, I have downloaded the new jME3 beta (Before it I had the jME3 Alpha).

When I try the exemple “TestSimpleLighting” the game crash and i have this error:

GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: Shader link failure, shader:Shader[language=GLSL100, numSources=2, numUniforms=16, shaderSources=[ShaderSource[name=Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.vert, defines, type=Vertex], ShaderSource[name=Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.frag, defines, type=Fragment]]] info:Fragment shader(s) failed to link, vertex shader(s) linked.

But it worked very good on jME3 Alpha, what is the problem ?

My (poor) config:

ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050

RAM: 1Go

CPU: 1x2.19GHz

(yes, I know, it’s like a toaster)

Someone could help me ?

Just to get these things out of the way…

Have you let the beta update the plugins?

Are you sure you are running the latest display drivers for your card?

Have you let the beta update the plugins?

How can I do it ? (I don’t use jMP)

Are you sure you are running the latest display drivers for your card?

Yes i have just checked it :frowning:

Then make sure you have the latest stable jars. I don’t have the link handy.

I’m not saying that will fix anything but it at least makes sure you are on the same page as everyone will expect.

Unfortunately, for some reason the ATI developers who wrote that particular strain of driver didn’t see fit to provide any useful error messages. So the only way to debug the problem is to start hacking at the shader on a machine that has your card.

Ok, I have downloaded an other version.

I tried TestMonkeyHead.java and it worked fine, but when i set the link “Models/MonkeyHead/MonkeyHead.mesh.xml” by “Models/Elephant/Elephant.mesh.xml” the game crash :frowning: :

GRAVE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

com.jme3.renderer.RendererException: Shader link failure, shader:Shader[language=GLSL100, numSources=2, numUniforms=18, shaderSources=[ShaderSource[name=Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.vert, defines, type=Vertex], ShaderSource[name=Common/MatDefs/Light/Lighting.frag, defines, type=Fragment]]] info:Fragment shader(s) failed to link, vertex shader(s) linked.

that’s strange…