Problems with Android version build

I am new in this. I did my early working project and need to test it on Android. The problem is to configure JME to build android content. I know the matter is frequntly returning but i did not find solution. The problems as folow:

1. I have installed Android SDK (latest) and JME aswell. There is nothing in Android Target pulldown menu :-o. Android studio configured for one version of Andr.
  2. However trying to build Android content I am flooded by long red communicate . How to deal with it? Red poeama see below:
>       Deleting: C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\build\built-jar.properties
deps-jar:
Updating property file: C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\build\built-jar.properties
compile:
Copying 1 file to C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\build
Copy libraries to C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\dist\lib.
To run this application from the command line without Ant, try:
java -jar "C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\dist\MyGame.jar"
Copying application libraries to android project.
Deleting directory C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\libs
Created dir: C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\libs
Copying 22 files to C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\libs
Adding libraries for android.
Copying 2 files to C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\libs
Replacing bullet library with android native bullet version.
Copying 2 files to C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\libs
Unzipping Assets to Android Directories
Deleting directory C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\assets
Created dir: C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\assets
Expanding: C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\dist\lib\assets.jar into C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\assets
Copying 1 file to C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\libs
C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\nbproject\mobile-impl.xml:21: The following error occurred while executing this line:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\build.xml (Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:250)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2.parse(ProjectHelper2.java:178)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:93)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:392)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:293)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor66.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:435)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:456)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1405)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1376)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1260)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.module.bridge.impl.BridgeImpl.run(BridgeImpl.java:286)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.module.run.TargetExecutor.run(TargetExecutor.java:555)
	at org.netbeans.core.execution.RunClassThread.run(RunClassThread.java:153)
BUILD FAILED (total time: 4 seconds)

Are you new to java and programming? What is your experience? It’s telling you that the asset pack “cytadela” is missing a file.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Laptop HP\.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\Cytadela\mobile\build.xml (Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku)

Yup. I am not experienced programmer. Mostly in desktop java apps backend. You are right. I see the lack of described file but I dont have any idea how to solve this. I suppose It is not only copy/paste “any” file instead of this :-/ and I have no idea where is the source the problem - I belive most of you had the proces of JME and SDK configuring with no issues like me.

The Problem is that due to the new Android SDK, our SDK isn’t able to build android apks alone anymore without much rework. You need Android Studio. Not sure how you can use the asset pack there though.

Look into our Wiki and/or wait until someone knowledged replies, we have quite a few android programmers around here.

I may be wrong, but a build.xml file is not gradle-based and the Android infrastructure is. So it appears to me that the asset pack would need to be updated to a grade build configuration in order to be compatible. What is this cytadela asset pack? Do you have a link?

It is package created for this project, with textures, models, sources, yours libs and few classes etc. Nothing special. I have tried to produce simple project with one class to test whether build for android is working. It does… but not in case of cytadela. Sorry no links so far

The sdk uses maven by default. You would need to change the asset pack to a gradle build for it to work on Android.

SDK uses Ant by default, asset packs are a special form of importing with special ant code, I suppose, so the only solution is to not use asset packs but regular jars for that currently.

1 Like