Projects not recognized

I just downloaded and unzipped "jMonkeyEngine3_SDK_Alpha1".  It seems to fire-up correctly, however when I try to read and existing NetBeans project or the JmeTests (which I created via project-new "JME3 Tests"), the following message appears in the "Project Name" portion of the OPEN PROJECT dialog:

<unrecognized project; missing plug-in?>.

I envoke via E:jMonkeyEngine3_SDK_Alpha1jmonkeyplatformbinjmonkeyplatform.exe --jdkhome "E:jdk".

Also, the directory structure and project files etc., appear to all have been created (correctly???).

Any help would be, well, helpful.

thanks

Can you try to set the jdkhome in the etc/jmonkeyplatform.conf file instead of using the command line switch –jdkhome "E:jdk".?

Cheers,

Normen

Worked swimmingly :D… As always, many thanks

I've got the same Problem, but changing the jmonkeyplatform.conf file and not running with --jdkhome won't work.

System: Windows 7 64bit

jmonkeyplatform.conf:

# ${HOME} will be replaced by user home directory according to platform
default_userdir="${HOME}/.${APPNAME}/dev"
default_mac_userdir="${HOME}/Library/Application Support/${APPNAME}/dev"

# options used by the launcher by default, can be overridden by explicit
# command line switches
default_options="--branding jmonkeyplatform -J-Xms24m -J-Xmx512m -J-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -J-XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled"
# for development purposes you may wish to append: -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome <dir> switch
netbeans_jdkhome="C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_20"
         jdkhome="C:Program FilesJavajdk1.6.0_20"

# clusters' paths separated by path.separator (semicolon on Windows, colon on Unices)
#extra_clusters=

Use double backslashes instead of single ones: c:\mypath\my.file

Hmm, still the same problem. Any other idea where the problem could be?

Din said:

Hmm, still the same problem. Any other idea where the problem could be?

I am also not sure if those quotes are necessary..

Hmm, that doesn't change anything. Could it be, that the System is confused by the JDK? I mean, after all the JDK is 32bit and doesn't lie in the System's 32bit-Program directory

Din, i don't know if it's still relevant, but i had the same problem and found out that Java plug in was not activated by default.

Any way if someone else has got the problem :

Go to Tools/Plugins, go to Installed tab. Java plugin active check should be grey.

Right click on Java line and click "Activate category "Java SE""

I managed to open projects correctly after that

Projects will not open unless there's a properly installed JDK.

nehon said:
Din, i don't know if it's still relevant, but i had the same problem and found out that Java plug in was not activated by default.

Any way if someone else has got the problem :
Go to Tools/Plugins, go to Installed tab. Java plugin active check should be grey.
Right click on Java line and click "Activate category "Java SE""

I managed to open projects correctly after that

I tried this. and when I go to activate it it says this

Activation failed: Not all requested modules can be enabled: [StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.java.kit jarFile: C:Program Filesjmonkeyplatformjavamodulesorg-netbeans-modules-java-kit.jar, StandardModule:org.netbeans.modules.debugger.jpda.ui jarFile: C:Program Filesjmonkeyplatformjavamodulesorg-netbeans-modules-debugger-jpda-ui.jar]

What should I do?

I have since fixed mine. i uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine now.