Recast AI - Devlog #7

This is early and probably last devlog in this series of Recast AI GSoC devlogs.

I would suggest to give it a try now, so I can correct bugs before GSoC ends.

There are tutorials for how to use it at link.

For report on any bugs, or suggestions post on this thread. :slight_smile:

As for debugging tools, the graphical representation of Navigation mesh is being coded right now.

I would also be grateful if somebody who doesn’t uses linux tell me if anything is working fine, as I compiled native library with linux c++ compiler as .so library.

3 Likes

I’m new here, but I wanted to try this.

Is it necessary to compile the C++ wrapper separately, or is it included in the repository jar?

BTW You can load binaries on GitHub and put them under the “releases” tab.

It is included in jNavigation repository.

Nice.

I just 2 little notes about the license files.

This is from the jMonkeyEngine repo.
https://github.com/jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine/blob/master/sdk/license-jme.txt

Neither the name of 'jMonkeyEngine' nor the names of its contributors
Neither the name of the {organization} nor the names of its
Neither the name of the jMonkey Engine nor the names of its

You may want to consider using MIT license instead of the BSD 3 clauses, as MIT is the one of the original Recast project.

EDIT: err, the original license of the Recast project is zlib. No problem with that.

Ok. Names corrected. :slight_smile:

I used this license, but if my mentor, @Sploreg , says that I have to change it, I will. :slight_smile: I think that is the least problem right now.

BSD requires contribution credits where MIT does not. Recast is zlib which is essentially the same as MIT. You can give it whatever license you want because zlib lets you use the software in your own project with your own license. If it is the same license as JME then that will make things easier with carrying around a lot of license files.

2 Likes
@Tihomir said: Ok. Names corrected. :)
I guess 'jMonkeyEngine' is actually one word, without any space. Being picky, since it's a trademark-like name, you don't need the leading "the" ;)
@Sploreg said: BSD requires contribution credits where MIT does not. Recast is zlib which is essentially the same as MIT. You can give it whatever license you want because zlib lets you use the software in your own project with your own license. If it is the same license as JME then that will make things easier with carrying around a lot of license files.
Thanks man, I learned something today.

Corrected. :smiley: